From college to university

Started by Dratos
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dratos

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience graduating from a college and pursuing a university degree. I completed practical nursing and will be studying the BSc program with an undeclared major. Was there any specific changes that you made? I would like to know what to expect and perhaps come to understand the expectations of university. If there is any advice in preparation I would love to hear it. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot!
biggrin.gif


-Drae
 
Classes should be bigger and harder. You will be around more... motivated people. That's about it.

If you are pursuing nursing, talk to your nursing counselor. If you are pursuing medicine, find a pre-med counselor at your school and make sure you have the right classes lined up.
 
prepare for a higher workload, and a more competitive atmosphere. i transferred to a university from a community college and that was the biggest changes as far as academics.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a pretty good idea it would be more challenging. Im wondering how much more challenging? Also, if you guys would be so kind as to elaborate on your first year in university that would be quite intriguing for me. If you could include the ups and downs too. I guess what im asking for is some personal experience with what university was and how you proceeded through.

Thanks