From New York To Georgia

Started by shaq786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shaq786

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am planning on going to NY for pharmacy school (Albany) and I had a few questions:

1. Can I spend my last year doing internship work in GA but still being associated with Albany College of Pharmacy?

2. Lets say If I do complete my last year in NY as an intern, then can I take all the required exams in GA for certification to practice in GA as a pharmacist?

3. If I become a certified pharmacist in NY, is it going to be easy to transfer my license and all associated paper work to practice in GA?
 
3. Pharmacists aren't "certified." We're "registered." You take NAPLEX which is the national pharmacist licensure examination. Then you must take the law exam for the state you want to practice in. If you pass NAPLEX, then you simply apply for reciprocation with GA board of pharmacy then take Georgia pharmacy Law.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you can do out of state rotations through albany college of pharmacy. they send students all over the country.
 
Hi,

I am planning on going to NY for pharmacy school (Albany) and I had a few questions:

1. Can I spend my last year doing internship work in GA but still being associated with Albany College of Pharmacy?

2. Lets say If I do complete my last year in NY as an intern, then can I take all the required exams in GA for certification to practice in GA as a pharmacist?

3. If I become a certified pharmacist in NY, is it going to be easy to transfer my license and all associated paper work to practice in GA?

If you are attending pharmacy school in New York and your plan is to return to Georgia to practice that is possible. You need to make sure you are aware of the amount of hours, etc that Georgia requires. You can submit all hours to NY Board of Pharmacy and they can just be transferred to GA.

If you are planning on doing rotations in GA, you will need to registered as an intern in GA. Then you could submit hours directly to GA Board of Pharmacy if you like.