From the predental forum: tips for in-person interviews (flying)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since many schools are just going back to in-person interviews (and many more in dental than med), we are compiling advice for in-person interviews since we've forgotten in the last 2-3 years. Share your advice with us.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully medical schools don't follow the trend of dental schools in this and instead stay in a virtual scenario. While I understand it was purely by accident that we stumbled into this scenario that benefits the applicants financially for once, I sincerely hope it stays.

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully medical schools don't follow the trend of dental schools in this and instead stay in a virtual scenario. While I understand it was purely by accident that we stumbled into this scenario that benefits the applicants financially for once, I sincerely hope it stays.
From general perception and a number of different webinars prior to the revised MSAR reports, the trend for medical school interviews is to remain virtual when possible. Again, the dental schools seem to be going the opposite direction, but they generally interview a smaller number of applicants and like to show off their clinics where D3's and D4's will be working. It's not as easy to show sim labs and clinics virtually. In contrast, M3's and M4's are usually not on the med school campus and travel about.

Reactions: 3 users