Frustrated, and scared!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olemissbabydoc

Baby Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just did another FL after being out of the loop for a little while, and I've backslid a bit :eek:

Guess that means the next 49 days are going to be doubled up on the studying.

I'm burning out and frustrated with school.. why can't they give us a few months off to prepare for this?? Instead I'm in the middle of 18.7 hours (on trimester system, which is insane) and two weddings (bridesmaid and MOH) and a broken heart. And sometime in the next month and a half I'm supposed to learn two years' worth of physics, organic chem, and bio (screw chem, i'm in General now and it's studying in and of itself)

Just ranting! Hope everyone else is doing better than I am... :thumbup: and :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

You have a very full schedule! What I most recommend is some time for yourself....at least once a week!! Do not feel down by one exam...those FL's are just good practice at best. :luck: :luck: :luck:

I agree wholeheartedly with docolive.

A broken heart is probably the hardest thing to recover from, but you're best strategy is to stay engaged with what you're overarching goals are, and the rest will sort itself out (We've all been there!).

As for the backsliding, it's only one test. Go over the problems you got wrong and attempt to figure out what your mistakes were, and how you cna void them in the future. You don't have a great amount of time, but you do have time to improve.

I'm in a similar boat concerning workload (in fact, I'm procrastinating from some MCAT discretes and a lab write-up to type this!), but it's very important that you don't allow yourself to get discouraged!

It's shockingly easy to just let it spin out of control and give up. DOn't let this happen. You're on a very difficult and rewarding path. You need to have faith that if you keep putting one foot in front of the other that you will make it!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just did another FL after being out of the loop for a little while, and I've backslid a bit :eek:

Guess that means the next 49 days are going to be doubled up on the studying.

I'm burning out and frustrated with school.. why can't they give us a few months off to prepare for this?? Instead I'm in the middle of 18.7 hours (on trimester system, which is insane) and two weddings (bridesmaid and MOH) and a broken heart. And sometime in the next month and a half I'm supposed to learn two years' worth of physics, organic chem, and bio (screw chem, i'm in General now and it's studying in and of itself)

Just ranting! Hope everyone else is doing better than I am... :thumbup: and :luck:

I know exactly what you are going through... i'm juggling a full time job, relearning physics, chem, and organic from scratch b/c it's been 3-4 years since i've taken those classes... on top of that, i also have a broken heart... i'm very overwhelmed and frustrated... and I feel so alone.

but yes, hopefully we'll all get through this together.

I know exactly what you are going through... i'm juggling a full time job, relearning physics, chem, and organic from scratch b/c it's been 3-4 years since i've taken those classes... on top of that, i also have a broken heart... i'm very overwhelmed and frustrated... and I feel so alone.

but yes, hopefully we'll all get through this together.

Hang in there :thumbup: you aren't alone.

As a recent test taker all I can say is that all your hard work will pay off in the end. Don't give up and keep on hammering away!

You can do it. I did a really heavy semester right before the MCAT, ignoring all advice given by my adviser, and it turned out all right. Just try and stay focused on the eventual goad of MD after your name.