Frustrated with FL scores - advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neat45

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm testing this Friday (7/19).

AAMC Unscored Sample: 66%/79%/81%/85%

AAMC FL1: 506 (128/124/127/127)

AAMC FL2: 505 (127/124/128/126) - just took today, will review tomorrow

I used to be decent at CARS but I feel like I'm getting worse at it somehow :/ My goal is to score 510+ but getting really worried since my test is in less than a week.

Any advice on how to increase all sections (specifically CARS and PS) in the next 5 days? I haven't finished the CARS Qpacks yet so will definitely be doing those. Also haven't finished SBs so will be doing those. Please advise!

Members don't see this ad.

For cars practice is key. I’ve been doing 5-10 passages a day. Just bite the bullet and grind out passages. Look at your mistakes and try to figure it out. 70% correct is 125, 80% correct is 127 and everything else is squished together. Good luck. If you are not Canadian cars doesn’t really matter too much.

For cars, practice is key.

+1. OP, The biggest red flag I see from reading your post is that you haven't finished the CARS Qpacks yet. It's a little late now, but I typically recommend finishing the CARS Qpacks twice. No other resource comes close for CARS.

For P/S have you gone through the 100 page P/S doc? That is a good start, but practice is key.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going through the 86 page doc and have finished UWorld P/S. I think my score will go up hopefully after I finish the 86 page. I'll also grind out the CARS qpack this week. Thanks for the tips!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going through the 86 page doc and have finished UWorld P/S. I think my score will go up hopefully after I finish the 86 page. I'll also grind out the CARS qpack this week. Thanks for the tips!

In my experience, CARS was a total wild card....my practice exam scores fluctuated between 125-130 with no trend, just totally random.
Just do as much practice as you can and cross your fingers you get passages that don't put you to sleep on the real thing

My CARS practice scores were really weird also. I scored anywhere from a 124 to a 132. The week before the exam and just started doing passages whenever I had a moment. I also recommend the morning before you take the test redo a section that you've done well on in the past. I think that gave me a lot of confidence.