Frustrated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scotty_premed

Scott
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I HATE PHYSICS. Ive got great grades in biology, anatomy, micro. But I am stuggling with physics. Right now I have a mid B, but its getting tough for me. Anybody else been in this situation, I know a lot of pre meds dislike physics but its good to hear other vents on the class.

-Scott

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not a huge fan of physics, but it's a necessary evil. Don't stress too much. It's the beginning of the semester. Just invest a little more time, maybe try studying in a different manner than you’re used to. All is well. You'll do fine. Good luck!

Oh, by the way, I think it is ok to get one B in your college career.

Funny, I stomped the physics in college and got solid A's both semesters and I was barley able to pull a 9 on the MCRAP. Then a friend of mine got a C+ and he got a 12, go figure. I found that if I read the book more and made note cards along the way, then I would be fine. In fact the only midterms that I got 100% on were the ones that I hardly went to class for. All this said I still hate physics with a passion and I remember getting signed out of AP physics in high school because I didn'd understand anything. Just take the same approach that you have be successful with in your other difficult classes, you'll be just fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man, I totally know what you are saying. I hated physics. It was a thorn in my side, made my MCAT score lower and drove me crazy. I almost didnt get through it. I didnt care why a ship floated on the water and the speed of a rocket flying past a stationary train relative to person A who was walking on the train..... AAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Just hang in there. Good luck

i agree, i HATE physics. i took physics 1 in the summer, and have to take physics 2 in the spring, and i am absolutely dreading it.

do alot of problems on your own, it helped me alot. the more you do, the better you will get.

uhh... yea.

*errie swamp mystic atmosphere* physiks be bad mojo man! dont be goin there!

so, youre scared of physics why?

the math?? mostly high school algebra and geometry. might be minor calc mixed in there, but thats not too tough right?

maybe the thinking? comon. you got to be able to think on your feet, get used to it now.

you might as well learn the chant now. "yea for phyics yea for phyics" yes, thats all...
- signed, electrical engineer, with math minor

I too officially hate physics. I did well in my class this summer but hated every minute of it. I dread p2 but it's gotta be better than my genetics class. Genetics is interesting but the teacher sucks. I like classes like physics, chem, math just because they are black and white. You know what is expected of you and you either get it right or wrong. But as far as being interesting... um, no I'll take my bio classes please. The physics ship can float on by at whatever relative speed.

Love it or Hate it...you could say it's what makes the world go round. ;)

ambernikel said:
I too officially hate physics. I did well in my class this summer but hated every minute of it. I dread p2 but it's gotta be better than my genetics class. Genetics is interesting but the teacher sucks. I like classes like physics, chem, math just because they are black and white. You know what is expected of you and you either get it right or wrong. But as far as being interesting... um, no I'll take my bio classes please. The physics ship can float on by at whatever relative speed.
Personally I despise my intro bio classes- which are unfortunately taught by ecologists. People who question things that are totally pointless and dull and act like the reasons for them are the end all matter when it comes to science. Is it terribly important to understand why squirrels like acorns and spend several tens of thousands of dollars researching this (I kid you not, one of my professors is giving a seminar on his research into this). They recently broke the biology department into the ecology and life sciences (cell biology) departments and the 101 and 102 courses have become nothing more than glorified (albeit poorly conducted) recruiting measures for the ecology dept, which is desperate for majors.

Physics is at least cut and dry as was pointed out. I still hate it, but not nearly as much as I hate ecology.

physics make my ears bleed!!!

Just take physics during the summer at some crappy State University. I did, and 83%+ was an A (compared to 93%+ at my private undergrad). So I could still suck a little bit and get an A in the course. Plus, it was done in under a month. A lot of physics concentrated into a little time was worth it for me. Think about it for 2nd semester...

I loved physics, enough that I went back to get a BS in Physics until I realized I wouldn't have had the financial aid to finish the degree. I am, however, taking this semester to take classes in astronomy and astrophysics that I always wanted to take but couldn't.

In the premed stuff, I stomped every exam and the final. My genchem and physics GPA is like a 3.958 or whatever, yet it's my lowest MCAT section as well, which is inexplicable to me. I had ivy league-trained professors for both physics courses and genchem, so it wasn't ****ty quality. I guess I just waited too long and forgot most of the formulae.