frustrated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ippie

ippie
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I am ready for Chem and orgo, but not for bio.
Bio is too broad, so I don't know if I am ready or not.
The more I study bio, the more I am frustrated.
I read half of that thick Campbell bio textbook, and I tried high yield bio questions posted in this website, but it's still too hard for me. I don't want to read the Campbell again.
Is high yield bio helpful? Isn't that difficult?
And what do you recommend instead of Campbell?
Schaum, Cliff's bio or Examkracker(which examkracker exactly? MCAT biology or 1001 MCAT bio questions?)
How many days is needed for that book if I invest 6 hours only for bio?
Help! I am nervous...

Members don't see this ad.

I think I am ready for Chem and orgo, but not for bio.
Bio is too broad, so I don't know if I am ready or not.
The more I study bio, the more I am frustrated.
I read half of that thick Campbell bio textbook, and I tried high yield bio questions posted in this website, but it's still too hard for me. I don't want to read the Campbell again.
Is high yield bio helpful? Isn't that difficult?
And what do you recommend instead of Campbell?
Schaum, Cliff's bio or Examkracker(which examkracker exactly? MCAT biology or 1001 MCAT bio questions?)
How many days is needed for that book if I invest 6 hours only for bio?
Help! I am nervous...

I think Ap cliffs is a little more concise, its about 1/3 Campbell haha
I agree bio is tough
MCAT questions have passages in them right so I don't think those would help much (half at least).

GOOD LUCK

I think Ap cliffs is a little more concise, its about 1/3 Campbell haha
I agree bio is tough
MCAT questions have passages in them right so I don't think those would help much (half at least).

GOOD LUCK

Unfortunately I don't see a shortcut. You can try Schaum's, which I liked, but it is dense reading. Cliff's Bio I have no direct experience with, although I have heard very mixed reviews. If you have considerable time remaining the best way is still to plow through the information, a little bit each day. Destroyer is a good tune-up before the exam.

Campbell's Bio is a great resource but it has too much info... I found the CD super helpful especially the videos.

For bio, i mainly used princeton review mcat bio, kaplan dat bio, and my school textbook study guide. I found the study guide to be surprisingly helpful becase it goes over the important concepts from each chapter and has many review questions. Still, studying for bio probably is the least efficient way of improving your overall DAT score. You could spend the time for bio on other subjects, maybe you could improve your score more.