F's on Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JTK

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I attended a community college in California a couple years back. I'm not going to lie, I didn't get the best grades there. I got some Fs, Ds, and Ws. I was fresh out of high school and was very much in the partying scene. I moved out of state 2 years ago. I've been attending the community college here and have been doing very well getting many As and a couple Bs. I currently have a 3.75 gpa. Next semester, I will be attending the University here. My mind set about school is totally different than what it was when I was in California. School is my absolute main priority right now and I am so determined! So if I get a B on any exam or quiz I will beat myself up about it.
*By the way, I am currently a nursing major and have about a year and a half left. The reason I decided I want to go to med school is because it has been a dream of mine since I was a kid. But coming out of high school I felt and was told I wasn't smart enough. I was scared to pursue it so I settled for nursing instead. During this whole nursing process, I realized that I am so much smarter than I thought and what people thought of me. Nursing is an amazing field but I feel like I'm not satisfied with it. I want to be/do something more. (Sorry no offenses to any nurses out there!) There's always that thought in the back of my mind when I see doctors that "that could've been me one day." So I came to the conclusion that I am going to chase my dreams.

My question is, what are my chances of getting into med school with my grades from the community college in California? Can I choose what classes gets transferred from that community college or does everything transfer? Do I necessarily have to submit a transcript from that school?

Members don't see this ad.

You're not going to like this: I'm sorry, but all grades you accumulate as an undergrad will factor into your overall GPA; and no, there is no way you can "hide" bad transcripts. So your GPA is not a 3.75. Calculate your actual GPA, post an update, and people can help you further.