FSU Rotation Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dradams

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be applying to Florida schools and was wondering if anyone knew how it worked at a place like FSU where there is no teaching hospital but instead the rotations are done throughout the state at various locations as far as where the med students live during these rotations?

Members don't see this ad.

their website is probably going to be the best source of that type of information. just google 'fsu medicine' and you'll find it. maybe you stay with local physicians while on the away rotations?? or maybe in hospital on-call rooms? i also think some rotations are done in tally doctors' offices.

dradams said:
I am going to be applying to Florida schools and was wondering if anyone knew how it worked at a place like FSU where there is no teaching hospital but instead the rotations are done throughout the state at various locations as far as where the med students live during these rotations?

Thanks but I don't see anything on the website about living accomodations at their "regional medical centers."

Members don't see this ad :)
You do all of your 3rd and 4th year rotations in the same city. You can choose from Tallahassee, Orlando, Pensacola, Sarasota, Ft. Myers, or Jacksonville. FSU has associations with a bunch of different hospitals in each of those cities, so you don't have to travel from city to city to do your clerkships.

I see. So you move to that city for your last two years. Thanks.