FSU secondary questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umean2tellme

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the self critical essay it asks about scholastic qualifications. My gpa is kinda low, but i feel like i know a lot more than what my gpa says. Would a sentence saying something to that effect be kool to put. Something like my gpa doesn't reflect how much I know, or w/e? Or should i just stay completely positive?

Members don't see this ad.

Self-critical means you have to talk about your shortcomings. If your GPA is low, you'd better dedicate a paragraph to why it is low, and how you plan on improving your future performance.

Members don't see this ad :)
What if you're like me and have no weaknesses, can you stay positive the whole time? Or should I make up some weaknesses?

Self-critical means you have to talk about your shortcomings. If your GPA is low, you'd better dedicate a paragraph to why it is low, and how you plan on improving your future performance.

Thanks for advice. Just didn't know how to go about discussing the gpa situation.

What if you're like me and have no weaknesses, can you stay positive the whole time? Or should I make up some weaknesses?

I'm sure you can think of ONE weakness, even if it's a small one. I know, it's hard to write a weakness considering it could give a bad impression, but I would write something so that they don't get an arrogant impression.

NoMoreAMCAS, if you were really living up to your avatar you would understand that that question was not meant for you and you could ignore it.

NoMoreAMCAS, if you were really living up to your avatar you would understand that that question was not meant for you and you could ignore it.

That's what i was thinking, I'm just gonna skip it. Maybe write "I'm a badass" and move on to the next essay. They'd understand.

That's what i was thinking, I'm just gonna skip it. Maybe write "I'm a badass" and move on to the next essay. They'd understand.

Is your avatar Bob Saget (?)

Haha, no, it's Colbert.

Whew. I must say I'm relieved. I mean America's Funniest Home Videos is funny and all, but...yeah. Don't know that I'd use the word 'badass'.