Full ride at Bama vs. ED to WashU

lowkeyy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to being a National Merit Semifinalist from Pennsylvania, I can get a full ride at the University of Alabama. I want to be a doctor, go to a good (but not necessarily top) MD program. Will Bama get me there? I’m worried if I do, I’m going to have short-term gain but long-term pain when it comes to applying to med schools. Really hoping to go to med school in the northeast. My dream undergrad is WashU.

My parents will give me the 200k they’ve saved for undergrad for medical school if I go to Bama. I will get no parental financial help for med school if I go to WashU.

I definitely do not want to risk my chance at getting into an MD program by going to Bama. Not interested in DO or family medicine.

What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations on your scholarship!

It doesn't make a difference where you go to undergrad for med school admissions.

Go to Bama and accept the help for medical school later on. :)

The deal with your family sounds great if you go to Alabama. It would be hard to turn that down. It's a larger school so you will have to work harder to get certain things but as long as you do well during your four years, you're all set!