Funded master’s programs for international students that let me take pre-med courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I’m an international student with a BS in Computer Science, planning to go to med school in the next few years. I still need to complete some pre-med prerequisites (e.g., chemistry 2, organic chemistry 1 and 2, physics 2, biochemistry).

I want to do a master’s program that:
  • Offers funding (scholarships, assistantships, or stipends)
  • Could allow me to take undergrad pre-med courses while enrolled
  • Is in a field that’s med-school friendly and interesting (like neuroscience, biomedical sciences, molecular biology, bioinformatics, or related areas)
  • And be F1 visa compliant
Does anyone know programs like this, or have advice on:
  • Which master’s degrees make it easiest to take these pre-reqs
  • Programs known for giving funding to international students

Thanks so much for any tips!