Funding in Au.D Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amberhermia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to an audiology program I am really excited about attending, but have not received any funding from the department. Is it common to be offered funding in clinical audiology programs? Like Ph.D programs, does a lack of funding from the department indicate that they really aren't that excited about you as a student? And, if you are not offered funding for the first year, is it generally possible to get it in later years? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been accepted to an audiology program I am really excited about attending, but have not received any funding from the department. Is it common to be offered funding in clinical audiology programs? Like Ph.D programs, does a lack of funding from the department indicate that they really aren't that excited about you as a student? And, if you are not offered funding for the first year, is it generally possible to get it in later years? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sometimes funding is not known completely until you show up for orientation. Many in my class and the classes after me had no funding with their initial offer and when they showed up to orientation they were given paperwork for some assistance and a grad assistantship position. I did not have funding until after the first semester then had it the entire program.

I would not fret if you don't get funding at your offer, as many times you will get it later especially in small programs. My best advice is work hard your first quarter/semester and get good grades and get to know who does research in your program and start talking with them if you're interested in their research so they will have you in mind if any further funding becomes available.