Future Challenges in Pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WacKeD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been preparing for a interview at WSU but I have been stuck on this question for awhile. I have been searching the net and have not found anything too useful. I was wondering if any of you could help

Future Challenges in Pharmacy?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

demand do to the rising elderly population.

1. Elderly
2. New drugs that are individually tailored.
3. Centralization and the consolidation of both independent pharmacies and closing of retail outlets in favor of mail.
4. IT integration with EMRs and privacy issues.
5. Cost of drugs causing lifesaving therapies ot be unavailable.
6. Possibility of a major structural change in healthcare insurance.
7. More drugs per person = untested interactions
8. Language issues.

Members don't see this ad :)
As technicians, we have seen a cut in hours due to the automated robot filler.

Perhaps, in the future Pharmacists may have a robot that actually checks Rx's that have been filled? I don't know...I have always feared robots due to the fact they could take away my job.

hey, i had an interview already @ wsu and they asked me, What challenges do you think you would face as a pharmacist? it was more about personal issues rather than problems faced by the profession as whole. Most of the other questions deal with things along that line about your own experiences and how you see yourself in the future. Just be honest and be genuine.
The like original answers! Even if is the whole "robot" thing, if you make it to sound like it is a genuine threat to the profession (if they happen to ask that question) then im sure they would love the answer.
Dont stress--i did, but afterwards you will feel great cause it is a lot easier than you think.

hey, i had an interview already @ wsu and they asked me, What challenges do you think you would face as a pharmacist? it was more about personal issues rather than problems faced by the profession as whole. Most of the other questions deal with things along that line about your own experiences and how you see yourself in the future. Just be honest and be genuine.
The like original answers! Even if is the whole "robot" thing, if you make it to sound like it is a genuine threat to the profession (if they happen to ask that question) then im sure they would love the answer.
Dont stress--i did, but afterwards you will feel great cause it is a lot easier than you think.

so what was answer btw? just curious

1. Elderly
2. New drugs that are individually tailored.
3. Centralization and the consolidation of both independent pharmacies and closing of retail outlets in favor of mail.
4. IT integration with EMRs and privacy issues.
5. Cost of drugs causing lifesaving therapies ot be unavailable.
6. Possibility of a major structural change in healthcare insurance.
7. More drugs per person = untested interactions
8. Language issues.
one more to add...stupid pharmacists

Believe me, it will happen. Look how many pharmacy schools are slated to open in the coming years with no faculty to speak of!