Future of pharmacy...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aznfarmerboi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.jdunderground.com/thread.php?threadId=30370

Jdunderground is always full of trolls but a great laugh always. This is what I see for the future of pharmacy. Schools being seperated into tiers like JD/MBA. People graduating from newer schools making 40-60k with 120k in debt.

Members don't see this ad.

Walgreens and other retail companies don't care about tiers.

If they could, they would whittle us all down to $40K. After all, one pharmacist is no different to another to a shareholder.

There is a huge difference in lawyers and MBAs however, because those professionals make important desicions for corporations, for clients, and in the courtroom. An employer wants to only have the best and the brightest--- a top student from a top school. Imagine Tom Cruise in 'The Firm.'

In pharmacy there is no way to distinguish the cream of the crop, and someone that graduates from a top-tier school would not make a pharmacy any more money than someone from a lower-tier school.

In Medicine, once you get your residency it doesn't even matter what school you went to. My cousin went to med-school in the Caribbean, worked his arse off and is now in the orthopedic surgery unit.

So if things got real bad, then all of us would take a paycut, not just the ones from low-tiered schools.

Reactions: 1 user
i had no idea law school was such a crapshoot

Members don't see this ad :)
Even then, you really have to be in the top half of your class at a T14 school to get a big firm guaranteed $160k/year job. A buddy of mine goes to UVa and is around the middle of his class and got zero big law offers, so he's trying to decide between the JAG military route or prosecutorial work to pay off his $150k in loans. Pretty sad.

Law grads are definitely in a tough bind in the current climate, and with so many **** JD schools around it's not going to get better for a long time.

Five years later...looks like we have a winner, aznfarmerboi! :cigar: :bow:

The Future of Pharmacy...

Quick question here...

What if someone came in with no insurance and asked questions regarding OTC products, how this service was billed to insurance?

Quick question here...

What if someone came in with no insurance and asked questions regarding OTC products, how this service was billed to insurance?

LoL :)

Quick question here...

Well, the ability to bill depends on the insurance. If you transition someone from RX to OTC, you can bill certain policies.