Future plans question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do the masters or graduate a semester early?

• Masters

• Graduate Early

Results are only viewable after voting.

freedoctor17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edit: came to a conclusion

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If pursuing the degree is to bolster your application, I wouldn't. If it's because you want to, then sure. Make sure your laboratory is aware of your intentions regarding medical school so they don't feel like you're ghosting them.

If pursuing the degree is to bolster your application, I wouldn't. If it's because you want to, then sure. Make sure your laboratory is aware of your intentions regarding medical school so they don't feel like you're ghosting them.

It wouldn't bolster my application since I'd have already applied by then. Honestly I think I'd prefer to just continue research over the summer and fall then graduate in spring and do something different. I have grown to enjoy my lab and the people in it but it's also exhausting and I feel drained from it all the time. I just didn't know if this was something I should let pass up since I'd get some sort of job regardless if I didn't do the masters.