Future WW Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alaskandream

UC Davis c/o 2016!!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
cuitlamizti had the great idea to make a thread for future WW games. So post your theme ideas here, when you think you'll start, if you'd looking for a co-mod, etc!! So we can all get an idea of what to look forward to!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Gals (and a couple of guys)...

I have had a game on tap for a few weeks now (since before the Vet school game).
I am going in for surgery on Apr 12. Depending on whether there is internet access, while I am recovering, the game will start either on the 13th or maybe the 16th or 17th.

Originally I was going to try it in the lounge, but I think that game will still be going on when I want to start, so if you guys are ok, I will run it here (hopefully get some select Loungers here).

The game has a "historical" theme. And it is kind of complicated but EVERYONE gets a role.

My life is a bit of a drama right now, but when I am recuperating I will have LOTS and LOTS of time to kill!

Reactions: 1 user
SOV, sounds interesting and I'm all for you doing your game here. Hoping surgery goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think someone was going to come out with the HP one here soon. Emiloo and I are putting together a Wizard of Oz one.

I was going to put one up in July that is going to be big, like SOV is explaning his. I am just not sure of a theme yet; although I am really leaning towards the Golden Compass trilogy right now.

Golden compass FTW!!! I will reread and finish in your honor!!!!

SOV, get better soon and gl with the surgery! My thoughts are with you.

SOV I really like the sound of your game! They are always more fun when you have a role. I hope your surgery goes well and that you recover quickly!

I am interested in helping to MOD a game if anyone needs a wingman.

Anyone thinking of doing a Zelda game? I'll admit I used to play when I was a kid and the story line would be perfect for a WW game. Any thoughts?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone thinking of doing a Zelda game? I'll admit I used to play when I was a kid and the story line would be perfect for a WW game. Any thoughts?

I hope someone does!! I think someone was talking about it! I would totally want to help with it, but would want to play way more :p . Maybe whoever does it I can give some ideas, and they can use whatever they'd like to :D

krist & I are working on HP. She's been uber busy with stuff outside of WW so, I'm pretty sure we'd hold off until after SOV's. Sounds like he has need of WW distraction more :)

SOV, best wishes with everything!!!

DVMDream - Golden Compass sounds AMAZINGGGGG. I'd totes reread the series too just to be game for it :D

I would be interested in co-modding a game at some point if anyone needs some help. Only issue might be that I'm on the east coast and go to bed early (usually by 10). But if anyone needs assistance let me know!

I've also got a few games in the works but I should probably stick with playing or possibly co-modding for a bit.... starting clinics in 26 days (holy buckets!).

I would love to help co-mod as well....though I will be 5 hours ahead of EST being in Scotland :)

Sooo, I have a Star Wars WW game in the works :D It will be based pretty much on the films and I would love to have someone help co-mod (pretty please?!) I have several roles and items brainstormed and would love input and help to finish it up. Just let me know! This game can start whenever. I am on the east coast if that matters to anyone :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been starting to put together ideas for a possible an X-men themed version. However, not sure how many comic book junkies are on this site. So, it would totally depend upon if people were interested in the theme. I really want to be sure that people enjoy the theme as much as some of us did LOTR. Hence why I've currently nixed my Star Trek idea... Doubt there are many Trekkies around here. Although, secretly, I would love to be proven wrong.

SOV - All the best for a smooth procedure and a speedy recovery!! Sending good thoughts your way!

Sooo, I have a Star Wars WW game in the works :D It will be based pretty much on the films and I would love to have someone help co-mod (pretty please?!) I have several roles and items brainstormed and would love input and help to finish it up. Just let me know! This game can start whenever. I am on the east coast if that matters to anyone :D

Ooooo... I would be SO down with that!!! If you get it off the ground, let me know. I would love to co-mod before trying to run a solo show. Haven't been a Dungeon Master for a while and am probably a little rusty.

I've been starting to put together ideas for a possible an X-men themed version. However, not sure how many comic book junkies are on this site. So, it would totally depend upon if people were interested in the theme. I really want to be sure that people enjoy the theme as much as some of us did LOTR. Hence why I've currently nixed my Star Trek idea... Doubt there are many Trekkies around here. Although, secretly, I would love to be proven wrong.

SOV - All the best for a smooth procedure and a speedy recovery!! Sending good thoughts your way!

Love those movies (never read the comic books though....)

I am both of those! I love X-men (Spiderman is my fav comic though) and also I was Spock last Halloween and my gf was lieutenant Uhura :D:D

I hope people like these ideas because I would love both!!!!

This would be awesome too!! If no one else co-mods I'd be happy too, but I would definitely rather play since it sounds like a blast!

Love those movies (never read the comic books though....)

I am both of those! I love X-men (Spiderman is my fav comic though) and also I was Spock last Halloween and my gf was lieutenant Uhura :D:D

I hope people like these ideas because I would love both!!!!

So, there may be some hope? And AKD, no kiddin'... I too am a Spiderman fan (not quite my fav, but up there). No wonder I was so happy with LOTR... But why go as Uhra when you can be T'Pau? She's just so much cooler to me!

So, there may be some hope? And AKD, no kiddin'... I too am a Spiderman fan (not quite my fav, but up there). No wonder I was so happy with LOTR... But why go as Uhra when you can be T'Pau? She's just so much cooler to me!

Yea we were investing in that whole movie romance thing between the two :p It was a fun couple match that actually worked (granted I don't look too much like Spock, but she looked like Uhura :D So it kind of worked, but was fun none the less. I ran around all night with my toy phaser haha

LOVE X-men and would sooo be down with Star Trek. As you can see by the star wars, i love pretty much anything sci-fi or fantasy action related. Expect a PM, let's get the star wars game going!

Golden compass FTW!!! I will reread and finish in your honor!!!!

SOV, get better soon and gl with the surgery! My thoughts are with you.

krist & I are working on HP. She's been uber busy with stuff outside of WW so, I'm pretty sure we'd hold off until after SOV's. Sounds like he has need of WW distraction more :)

SOV, best wishes with everything!!!

DVMDream - Golden Compass sounds AMAZINGGGGG. I'd totes reread the series too just to be game for it :D

Ok. My ww for july will be based off the golden compass series. I will probably start sign ups in late june for it.

LMMS- I am SO in for a Star Trek game. I know the Trimbles if anyone is geeky enough to know who they are in the trek fandom. I also like X-Men comics, cartoons and video games. I'm cool with the movies if more people know that side.

As for me, I really want to run a Lovecraft/ Chthulu Mythos game. No time frame yet as it's just sketches right now but pending interest I will launch it in may.

Yea we were investing in that whole movie romance thing between the two :p It was a fun couple match that actually worked (granted I don't look too much like Spock, but she looked like Uhura :D So it kind of worked, but was fun none the less. I ran around all night with my toy phaser haha

Ha! Please tell me she had that 'thing' sticking out of her ear. Too much! I really hope you guys got some good pictures. And I should hope you had a phaser!!

LOVE X-men and would sooo be down with Star Trek. As you can see by the star wars, i love pretty much anything sci-fi or fantasy action related. Expect a PM, let's get the star wars game going!

LMMS- I am SO in for a Star Trek game. I know the Trimbles if anyone is geeky enough to know who they are in the trek fandom. I also like X-Men comics, cartoons and video games. I'm cool with the movies if more people know that side.

As for me, I really want to run a Lovecraft/ Chthulu Mythos game. No time frame yet as it's just sketches right now but pending interest I will launch it in may.

Well, this is certainly a welcome turn of events for me! My heart is set on Star Trek, but didn't know how many of you guys would be for it. Seems that there just may be enough interest?? My idea stems around using the different series for teams: Original Series, Next Generation, Deep Space 9, Voyager, and Enterprise (adding other groups such as Vulcan and Klingon if needed) battling a group such as the Romulans. Items would come from each generation of the series as well as having some of the most notorious of villains for wolves. It's still in it's infancy, but I would have a grand time with it; and my mom would probably end up helping with the story line - she's a Trekkie from WAY back.

As for Lovecraft, sorry box, I'm not familiar. I'll have to look into this and see what it is... Oh, by the way, they're called Tribbles... Sorry....

No, not tribbles. Trimbles, John and Bjo. They are the couple who spearheaded the write-in campaign to save the original series from cancellation. They talk about sitting in the office with Gene Roddenberry back in the day over dinner.

Ha! Please tell me she had that 'thing' sticking out of her ear. Too much! I really hope you guys got some good pictures. And I should hope you had a phaser!!

Well, this is certainly a welcome turn of events for me! My heart is set on Star Trek, but didn't know how many of you guys would be for it. Seems that there just may be enough interest?? My idea stems around using the different series for teams: Original Series, Next Generation, Deep Space 9, Voyager, and Enterprise (adding other groups such as Vulcan and Klingon if needed) battling a group such as the Romulans. Items would come from each generation of the series as well as having some of the most notorious of villains for wolves. It's still in it's infancy, but I would have a grand time with it; and my mom would probably end up helping with the story line - she's a Trekkie from WAY back.

As for Lovecraft, sorry box, I'm not familiar. I'll have to look into this and see what it is... Oh, by the way, they're called Tribbles... Sorry....

Trouble with Tribbles!!!!! I'm pretty sure I had a plush toy from that Las Vegas Star Trek simulation ride (I don't know if it's even still around :p)

No, not tribbles. Trimbles, John and Bjo. They are the couple who spearheaded the write-in campaign to save the original series from cancellation. They talk about sitting in the office with Gene Roddenberry back in the day over dinner.

Where are these Trimbles from out of curiosity.

Southern California. I think they live in SGV but I'm terrible with cities down there. I just call it "Angels" most of the time.

Huh...interesting. Now I must go ponder this connection.

My bad. Sorry! I know of them, but didn't know their name. God, my mom would smack me if she knew I screwed that up - she actually wrote in. :oops:

Star wars
star trek
x-men.

They all work for me!

Lovecraft
Goldencompass.

I have no clue.

but honestly, people don't need to know the theme that well. They figure it out as you go along. Do what inspires you! If you come up with good ideas, it will be fun.

I've been starting to put together ideas for a possible an X-men themed version. However, not sure how many comic book junkies are on this site. So, it would totally depend upon if people were interested in the theme.

Sooo, I have a Star Wars WW game in the works :D It will be based pretty much on the films and I would love to have someone help co-mod (pretty please?!) I have several roles and items brainstormed and would love input and help to finish it up.

X-Men & Star Wars = :biglove: can't WAITTTT :love:

Can someone just start a game!!!! :laugh: I am bored :whistle:

I agree! :D :thumbup: I can't wait for SOV's one where everyone has a role.

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

Katie8, do you still need a co-mod for star wars?!?!! I would sooooo want to help it isn't even funny.

(when I was little, I thought space balls was a sequel to the star wars trilogy. Pretty sad)

:eek:

Can someone say LOSER!!!!! :eyebrow: :smack:

hahahahahaha :laugh:

When you are four, you don't notice these things, like ACTORS!!!!!

I also wanted to marry the blue power ranger! I think hans solo is the better choice!!!

When you are four, you don't notice these things, like ACTORS!!!!!

I also wanted to marry the blue power ranger! I think hans solo is the better choice!!!

D@mn - you are young if you watched power rangers! :eek: Now I feel old :laugh:

And yes Han Solo is definitely a better choice.

D@mn - you are young if you watched power rangers! :eek: Now I feel old :laugh:

And yes Han Solo is definitely a better choice.

Good! As you should feel!! Now the question remains, whose better? Indiana jones or hans solo???

I am not young enough to enjoy Barney. I remember thinking that was kids stuff.

I think someone was going to come out with the HP one here soon. Emiloo and I are putting together a Wizard of Oz one.

I was going to put one up in July that is going to be big, like SOV is explaning his. I am just not sure of a theme yet; although I am really leaning towards the Golden Compass trilogy right now.

How did I miss this?!? I LOVE Wizard of Oz! Soo fun :) Can't wait for all these games!

Katie8, do you still need a co-mod for star wars?!?!! I would sooooo want to help it isn't even funny.

(when I was little, I thought space balls was a sequel to the star wars trilogy. Pretty sad)
:laugh::laugh:Space balls. Epic flick.

LMMS is going to help co-mod!! Get ready, it's going to be SO FUN (she's come up with some wicked ideas to add to the awesomeness that is star wars!!!!)

Can someone just start a game!!!! :laugh: I am bored :whistle:

So for the start of the game, we were thinking maybe after SOV's game (didn't want the game to be right in the middle when he had all his free time from surgery :D)? But also didn't know the time frame of DVMDream's and Emiloos Wizard of Oz. Don't want to step on any toesys :D

Thoughts?!

Last edited:
Good! As you should feel!! Now the question remains, whose better? Indiana jones or hans solo???

I am not young enough to enjoy Barney. I remember thinking that was kids stuff.

Indiana Jones ...hands down. He is bad *****.

LMMS is awesome. just sayin' :D Looking forward to the Star Wars game :biglove:

LMMS is going to help co-mod!! Get ready, it's going to be SO FUN (she's come up with some wicked ideas to add to the awesomeness that is star wars!!!!)

So for the start of the game, we were thinking maybe after SOV's game (didn't want the game to be right in the middle when he had all his free time from surgery :D)? But also didn't know the time frame of DVMDream's and Emiloos Wizard of Oz. Don't want to step on any toesys :D

Thoughts?!

Originally, Emi said she & DVM would wait til after our HP game but I know krist has been uber busy and I haven't heard from her since last week. So, to anyone eagerly awaiting HP, it's in the works. feel free to go with any WW games that are ready without us in mind and I'll post here when we are definitely ready for launch. Okie day?

LMMS is awesome. just sayin' :D Looking forward to the Star Wars game :biglove:

Aw, thanks, KD! You're pretty great yourself!! :biglove:

And, TW, sorry I beat you to the punch. However, my fellow former wolf and I are putting together one hell of a game. Our brains seem to be meshing and the ideas are flowing a plenty. The Force shall be with all!