FY19 DUINS Selection List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drill-and-fill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
LIST OF FY19 DUINS SELECTEES
BY DENTAL CORPS TRAINING PROGRAM

SELECTEES FOR RESIDENCY TRAINING IN COMPREHENSIVE DENTISTRY

Seven (7) applications for residency training in Comprehensive Dentistry were reviewed. The following six (6) applicants are recommended for selection with no (0) alternates:

1. LT David Burr

2. LCDR Anthony Chia

3. LT Catherine Daniel

4. LT John Jenista (FTOS/OFI)

5. LT Phillip Jenkins

6. LCDR Yamel Ramirez
SELECTEES FOR RESIDENCY TRAINING IN DENTAL RESEARCH
No (0) applications for residency training in Dental Research were reviewed.

SELECTEES FOR RESIDENCY TRAINING IN ENDODONTICS

Twenty-seven (27) applications for residency training in Endodontics were reviewed. The following four (4) applicants are recommended for selection with two (2) alternates:

1. LT Keith Argraves

2. LT Jeffrey Clark

3. LT Anthony Fioretti

4. LCDR William Gallagher
Alternates:
  1. LT Anthony Marin

2. LCDR James Ross
SELECTEES FOR FELLOWSHIP TRAINING IN MAXILLOFACIAL PROSTHETICS
One (1) application for fellowship training in Maxillofacial Prosthetics was reviewed. The following one (1) applicant is recommended for selection with no (0) alternates:

1. LCDR Yu Zheng

SELECTEES FOR RESIDENCY TRAINING IN OPERATIVE AND PREVENTIVE DENTISTRY

Seven (7) applications for residency training in Operative and Preventive Dentistry were reviewed. The following three (3) applicants are recommended for selection with one (1) alternate:

1. LT Ryan Buechele (FTOS)

2. LT Catherine Carlo (FTOS)

3. LT Henry Heeter (FTOS)
Alternate:
1. LCDR Charlie Cage (FTOS)

SELECTEES FOR RESIDENCY TRAINING IN

ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL PATHOLOGY

Two (2) applications for residency training in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology were reviewed. The following two (2) applicants are recommended for selection with no (0) alternate:

1. LT Lindsay Deacon

2. LT Quinn Robbins

SELECTEES FOR RESIDENCY TRAINING IN ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY
Fifteen (15) applications for residency training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery were reviewed.

The following seven (7) applicants are recommended for selection with two (2) alternates:

1. ENS Jonathon Bensing

2. ENS Blake Colling

3. LT Shelby Curtis

4. LT Jordan Freeark

5. LT Grace Lan (FTOS)

6. LT Kyle Lee

7. ENS Samuel Raffaelli
Alternate:

1. LT Jason Barrett

2. ENS Andre Smith

SELECTEES FOR RESIDENCY TRAINING IN ORTHODONTICS
Twelve (12) applications for residency training in Orthodontics were reviewed. The following two (2) applicants are recommended for selection with one (1) alternate:

1. LT Ian Kaemmer (FTOS/OFI)

2. LT Mary McGinn (FTOS/OFI)
Alternate:

1. LT Dylan Keener (FTOS/OFI)

SELECTEES FOR RESIDENCY TRAINING IN PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY

Seven (7) applications for residency training in Pediatric Dentistry were reviewed. The following two (2) applicants are recommended for selection with no (0) alternates:

1. LT Joshua Evans (FTOS)

2. LT Tori Maywalt (FTOS)

SELECTEES FOR RESIDENCY TRAINING IN PERIODONTICS
Nine (9) applications for residency training in Periodontics were reviewed. The following five (5) applicants are recommended for selection with no (0) alternates:

1. LT Lee Atkinson

2. LT Bethany Brooks

3. LT Laura Kaye

4. LT Alex Long

5. LT John Pizarek (FTOS)

SELECTEES FOR RESIDENCY TRAINING IN PROSTHODONTICS

Nine (9) applications for residency training in Prosthodontics were reviewed. The following five (5) applicants are recommended for selection with one (1) alternate:

1. LCDR Angel Calvo

2. LT Michael Hoglund (FTOS)

3. LCDR Jeffrey Hoyle

4. LT Rodney Martin

5. LCDR Jeremiah Sparks
Alternates:
1. OCC David Jackson

Congrats to all.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats everyone!

Question regarding FTOS/OFI - is that implying payback for an OFI is consecutive to prior ADOs? I thought I read (in BUMEDNOTE) that OFIs had concurrent payback with prior ADOs, just like FTIS

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know the kind of CBSE score they are looking for for OMS applicants? Is it the same as civilian?

anyone know the kind of CBSE score they are looking for for OMS applicants? Is it the same as civilian?
Not too sure, but I would say to prepare for it in the same way you would for 6-year civilian programs.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my score back. I got a 62 and am ranked 5th in my class. Do you think I should retake before applying in February? @SirWinston @vellnueve
There was a Navy OMS applicant with a 97 CBSE in the past. The Navy OMS applicant scores are just as high as (or higher than) civilian scores. With that said, I know for a fact that someone has been selected with a 62 CBSE fairly recently. But that person wasn't right out of school, so they probably had great Navy LORs. I think that you should retake it so long as it doesn't interfere too much with the other things you need to accomplish to graduate and become a competent dentist. Not because a 62 is low, but because with more time, you can obtain a higher score. You could pull out a 70+, 80+, or even 90+ if it's really your goal. And I say this as your direct competition (I'm applying this upcoming cycle too). I only stand to lose something if you do better, but I'd rather be straight with you.

For those who have been selected for FTIS, in the notification e-mail, are you told which station you've been selected for? For example, if selected for OMS, you could be sent to three different facilities. Are you told which one you're headed to in the original notification, and if not, when did you find out?

There was a Navy OMS applicant with a 97 CBSE in the past. The Navy OMS applicant scores are just as high as (or higher than) civilian scores. With that said, I know for a fact that someone has been selected with a 62 CBSE fairly recently. But that person wasn't right out of school, so they probably had great Navy LORs. I think that you should retake it so long as it doesn't interfere too much with the other things you need to accomplish to graduate and become a competent dentist. Not because a 62 is low, but because with more time, you can obtain a higher score. You could pull out a 70+, 80+, or even 90+ if it's really your goal. And I say this as your direct competition (I'm applying this upcoming cycle too). I only stand to lose something if you do better, but I'd rather be straight with you.
97 CBSE huh? I haven't heard of an applicant breaking an 80 in a long time. Where did this applicant end up?