FYI for Iowa-licensed pharmacists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rph3664

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hadn't received my renewal notice (deadline June 30th) yet, and didn't see anything on the website about it, so I called them, and I could tell that the person I spoke to had already been asked this question numerous times but was pleasant nonetheless. She told me that the Iowa BOP is transitioning from snail-mail renewal to online renewal, and the notices will go out in the next few weeks.

One of my Facebook friends, a former co-worker who is no longer licensed there, said it sounded to him like a good idea that didn't pan out the way they thought it would, and I agreed with him.

In the past, I always got that notice in March. No, I haven't used that license since 2002, or anywhere since 2012, but I'm going to update it once again.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I hadn't received my renewal notice (deadline June 30th) yet, and didn't see anything on the website about it, so I called them, and I could tell that the person I spoke to had already been asked this question numerous times but was pleasant nonetheless. She told me that the Iowa BOP is transitioning from snail-mail renewal to online renewal, and the notices will go out in the next few weeks.

One of my Facebook friends, a former co-worker who is no longer licensed there, said it sounded to him like a good idea that didn't pan out the way they thought it would, and I agreed with him.

In the past, I always got that notice in March. No, I haven't used that license since 2002, or anywhere since 2012, but I'm going to update it once again.
if it is your first license, ya - keep it up- I had a similiar issue with Illinois - damn email went to my junk folder - gotta keep up with these things

Reactions: 1 users
Illinois bureaucracy is terrible. I did take care of mine earlier this year. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my renewal form in today's mail. Doing so online is an option, but I'm going to fill the form out anyway.

I got my renewal form in today's mail. Doing so online is an option, but I'm going to fill the form out anyway.

Me too. Noticed we don't have to write out each CE topic anymore. Phew, that was a pain in the ass.

Reactions: 1 user
It was probably a bigger PITA to try to read and tabulate those.