FYI on selling your Kaplan Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSdude

Never Give Up...Never
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was notified today from Kaplan that selling your Kaplan materials is against the agreement you sign. I was not aware of this. Now I am so I am no longer selling my materials.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess they have too sue me because I sold all my material. A cool 150 buckaroos too:D

Selling which materials? The review book? I dont recalling signing an agreement that I cant sell my own property. Reproducing it, now thats another story.

They probably are refering to materials (like practice tests) given to you if you pay for the $1000+ Kaplan course.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just called Kaplan and they said you cannot sell any materials they provide you for your course. Including study guide and the thick review book.

Its things like this that make me want to earn a JD after the DDS.

Even if they say dont sell your books, can they back that up and sue you in court? I dont know (dont think so). If that were the case, dont you think that every textbook publisher would prohibit selling used books?

It seems ridiculous to me.

That's BS. Even if you did sign an agreement, they would have a hard time defending it in court and it wouldn't be worth the cost to them.

Sell away and screw Kaplan.

geez guys.... lighten up a bit. It's not like you'll be selling secret nuclear plans to Bin Laden..... :rolleyes:

Go ahead and sell your DAT materials. I'm sure the FBI or the Kaplan Police won't come knocking on your door after you sell YOUR OWN books and documents.