G2211 reimbursement

Started by bronx43
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here, medicaid doesnt pay for this (and hilariously requires a preauth to bill for smoking cessation and lung cancer screening) and probably 60% of private insurance does. It is truly a magical world where the insurance company can just decide not to pay for a service at all even after CMS approves it on top of the other preauth bull**** for inferior cheaper medicines.

This. So much this.
 
theres another EOB i snapshotted. this is the national WEllcare insurance. this patient has Medicare/medicaid as well.
The Medicaid pays the coinsurance for the patient in a separate payment.

1723843285601.png
 
I still can’t figure out how to get the G2211 code to “work” in Epic…I found the code and made a button for it on the billing section, but if I code it with a 992xx code + G2211 it won’t close the note and tells me I have to associate diagnoses with it (but I did…). My IT and the billers don’t seem to understand why this won’t work.
were you able to figure this out?click on the 2 circles n the right top corner where you enter the codes and then select the diagnosis you want to associate with g2211
 
were you able to figure this out?click on the 2 circles n the right top corner where you enter the codes and then select the diagnosis you want to associate with g2211

Ahhh ok I didn’t realize you had to do that separately. I just tried that and it looks like it works. Thanks for the tip.