GA-PCOM Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigBoosting

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Getting this one started for those of us accepted to GA-PCOM!

Use this thread for introducing yourself and asking information about the area, the school, finding apartments/roommates, and getting to know your fellow classmates.

Current students, feel free to offer any advice!

Congrats everyone!!

Facebook Page (I made a Page because the new Groups suck and you don't have the discussion tab. So "Like" the page in order to join)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
When did you interview at PCOM and about how long was it until you were accepted? I interviewed on Nov. 2, so I'm just curious, Thanks!

Accepted! I'm done w/ the application process, this is good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you interview at PCOM and about how long was it until you were accepted? I interviewed on Nov. 2, so I'm just curious, Thanks!

I interviewed early Oct and found out the end of Nov. They met on the 17th of Nov so if you haven't heard by now you will within the week

Thanks! I just got back from out of town and the letter was in my mailbox, accepted! :)

I got my letter of acceptance when I arrived home after thanksgiving. So I am for sure going to PCOM Georgia campus starting next year.

Ken

If your accepted and know your going there please friend request me on facebook.

Ken

Hey you all...

Glad to see this thread... Accepted this year for 2015! Very excited. Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Hey, those of you who got accepted can you post your stats? Also, does it help to be a Georgia resident. Finally, what factors do you think played an important role in your acceptance? Thanks!

28Q, 3.33 Cum/sci. I was roughly the same in both. I was also a year round Div.1 collegiate athlete at a well thought of major university,

My question is does anyone know when school starts for 2011, I can't seem to find the dates anywhere on the website.

28Q, 3.33 Cum/sci. I was roughly the same in both. I was also a year round Div.1 collegiate athlete at a well thought of major university,

My question is does anyone know when school starts for 2011, I can't seem to find the dates anywhere on the website.

Me too!

I believe school starts Aug 15

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, I am trying to decide if I should accept the acceptance offer. I have been accepted into TCOM's one year master's program. So, IDK which one to pick.

Plus, those of u from tx, how hard do u think it will b to get a residency in tx?

August 15th is right. SGA is going to do their best to get an academic calendar up somewhere on-line this year bc it is a pain to have to hunt around all the time for dates.

I was just looking at the recommended book listing for the incoming class...and whew, looks like it can get expensive.

Fortunately, I understand that many of these books are more or less supplemental study material or are available through the library. However, could any upperclassmen give their 0.02$ on what books were the most helpful and potentially worthwhile to get your own copy? TIA!

I was just looking at the recommended book listing for the incoming class...and whew, looks like it can get expensive.

Fortunately, I understand that many of these books are more or less supplemental study material or are available through the library. However, could any upperclassmen give their 0.02$ on what books were the most helpful and potentially worthwhile to get your own copy? TIA!

For first term I recommend:

-Essentials of Clinical Anatomy
-BRS anatomy
-BRS embryo
-BRS histo and the Histo book--only if you don't want to use them from the library. You really don't need them or use them too much.
-Netter's atlas (SOMA should be giving these out to new members)
-Netter's flashcards (not on your list)

All of the other books from first term are really just references that may be helpful. Some of them came in handy later for me, but others in my class haven't used them at all. Those listed above are what I used mostly first term. I would get those listed above and then see what else you need once you get started. The key is getting the resources that will allow you to succeed in SPOM (anatomy, histo, embryo).

Congrats to all that has been accepted! I will be joining you guys in august :) I'm new to the georgia area, and I'm looking for housing options and female housemates. I found one girl already, but we want to find one or two more so the rent would be even cheaper :)

Any girls interested or still lookin to add two more to your housing option, please msg me! Thanks!

-BRS anatomy
-BRS embryo
-BRS histo and the Histo book--only if you don't want to use them from the library. You really don't need them or use them too much.

All of the other books from first term are really just references that may be helpful. Some of them came in handy later for me, but others in my class haven't used them at all. Those listed above are what I used mostly first term. I would get those listed above and then see what else you need once you get started. The key is getting the resources that will allow you to succeed in SPOM (anatomy, histo, embryo).

Awesome! Thank you for the feedback!

Congrats on your acceptances! For those looking into housing options, I live in 5375 Sugarloaf Apts (www.5375sugarloaf.com) and there are about 15-20 people from the school that live here. It's less than 10 minutes from campus and comes with great amenities (dog park, weekday continental breakfast, and they even do your laundry for free).

If you end up leasing here, put me down as your referral and I'll split the referral fee with you, which is currently at $500 (that's $250 extra spending money for you).

If you have any other questions, feel free to message me. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Jon

-BRS anatomy
-BRS embryo

What about Rohen's? Though that was a go-to for many.

What about Rohen's? Though that was a go-to for many.

Yeah...Rohen's is good, but I don't think it's essential. I used it several times to get familiar of how things look and to quiz myself if I didn't have time to get in the lab on a particular day. Netter's was my go to. I think it does a good job of showing everything that is present in a given region. Rohen's doesn't have as many labels, so I didn't use it as much. I know several folks that used Rohen's as a replacement for lab...many of them did not fair well on lab exams as they exams are much more detailed than the text. However, there were always the outliers that still did well.

Hello, my name is Dave Domino, a Ga-PCOM DO Class of 2010 graduate. Congrats on your acceptances!! I am renting out my 3-BR, 2.5bath townhouse. UPDATE: The master bedroom has been rented by a 1st year Pharm Student.....2 bedrooms are remaining! The place has been awesome for students looking for an ideal setting for studying, building friendships, and easy accessibility to all Atlanta has to offer...and rents quickly! And….it’s only 10 minutes from PCOM! Please see attached info for further details. I can provide several pics and amenities at your request.
Please contact me on my cell at 404-862-8367 for the 2 available rooms! Thanks!
Dave:)
What is for Rent?: 2 bedrooms (available starting ~8/1/11 (or sooner!).
Monthly Rent:
1.) Fully furnished Master BR - (includes private bath) - $525/mo (+ splitting of all utilities 3 ways) - RENTED
2.) BR #1 - $425/mo (+ splitting of all utilities 3 ways)
3.) BR #2 - $425/mo (+ splitting of all utilities 3 ways)

Hi everyone, anyone interested in being roommates next year. I'll be 1st year DO.

I am from Austin, former collegiate runner, love music (and music festivals), sports, coffee shops, some might call me a little bit hipster/indie but not much. I am neither anal about cleanliness or dirtiness I toe the line somewhere in-between.

I've lived with people I didn't know before, both as a freshman and when one of my roommates transferred schools and found people off craigslist. I have never had a problem before.

send me a message if anyone is interested. Cheers

4 bedroom 3 bathroom Home for rent 0.7 Miles from GA-PCOM. Right now I know 1 bedroom will be available next year and could possibly be more but I haven’t heard back yet from the other 3 current students.
About the House:
The location is excellent and the drive to GA-PCOM is traffic free. Located only 0.7 miles from School the house is ideal for students who would rather not spend their time in Metro Atlanta traffic.
Price
- available upstairs bedroom with dimensions approximately 11x10 feet which share 1 full bathroom $325/mo
- Utilities will be split evenly between all the roommates.

Benefits:
- Lawn care will be included into price
- Individual Leases to GA-PCOM Students only. Meaning if another student decides to move out, there will be no obligation to cover that persons rent.
About the Owner:
I am a former GA-PCOM DO student about to start my third year of residency at UAB in Birmingham. I bought the home 6 years ago and my father manages the house because I live 3 hours away. My father will be in charge of the yard upkeep and is a real estate agent in the area. His office is only 5 minutes from the house if there is ever an emergency.

Tenants:
We are looking for preferably clean tenants who are willing to take care of the home as if it were their own. Non-smokers only. No pets (small exceptions ok if approved by the other roommates)
Contact info:
Owner Name- Brent Clower
Email- [email protected]
Contact Number- 770-402-1845

Looking for a roommate for this year. I've got two cats (very sweet), so the place would have to be pet friendly. Send me an email if you're interested!

-Anna
[email protected]