samdwi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Status
Medical Student
For those who applied to GA-PCOM:

Our Dean just mentioned today that they plan on sending out the first batch of acceptance letters in about 1 week.

Oooh, I can feel the tension...

Feel free to PM me or other GA-PCOMers with questions you may have about the school/town etc (current students include "Drugtech", "BMW19", "BringintheReign", "samdwi", "coalesced" - off the top of my head).

drgreeneatutk

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Pikeville
Status
Medical Student
samdwi said:
For those who applied to GA-PCOM:

Our Dean just mentioned today that they plan on sending out the first batch of acceptance letters in about 1 week.

Oooh, I can feel the tension...

Feel free to PM me or other GA-PCOMers with questions you may have about the school/town etc (current students include "Drugtech", "BMW19", "BringintheReign", "samdwi" - off the top of my head).
Thanks for the heads up. I interviewed there oct 17 and was wondering when I might hear back. They had said they planned on mailing them out the second week of Nov. so I was wondering if they were a bit behind schedule or if that meant I was getting the skinny envelope : >)

coalesced

10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Dang it Samdwi,

I wanted to be the good samaritan and tell them about it. Add me to the list of current Ga-PCOMers that can be contacted with any questions.

I think the delay in acceptances is stemming from the fact that number of applications has increased almost 50% from last year.

good luck to all.

About the Ads

Tallulah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2005
Status
Thanks for letting us know! I was getting a bit anxious to hear back from them.

samdwi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Tallulah said:
Thanks for letting us know! I was getting a bit anxious to hear back from them.
Sure.

For our class, they let us know within 48 hours of our interview. Most of us would return home from the interview and an email/letter would be waiting for us - so we thought it would be the same this year. But I can see how having more than 2100 applications AND a first-year class this year would slow things down.

TO FELLOW GA-PCOMers: On another note, what shape was the kidney again? pea?, zucchini?, lentil? asparagus?

sketches

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2005
NC, GA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
samdwi said:
TO FELLOW GA-PCOMers: On another note, what shape was the kidney again? pea?, zucchini?, lentil? asparagus?
Hey, it could have been worse. He could have asked if the kidney was kidney shaped ;)

BMW19

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2002
Da South
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I would go with Walnut or Almond, oops wrong organ

BMW-

sketches said:
Hey, it could have been worse. He could have asked if the kidney was kidney shaped ;)

drgreeneatutk

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Pikeville
Status
Medical Student
Still no word, hope to hear something soon. Other PCOM-GA interviewee's let us know when you hear something

Tallulah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2005
Status
drgreeneatutk said:
Still no word, hope to hear something soon. Other PCOM-GA interviewee's let us know when you hear something

Someone else from GA campus said that they have NOT mailed the letters yet...

samdwi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Tallulah said:
Someone else from GA campus said that they have NOT mailed the letters yet...
That's odd. Anyway, I don't think it will be much longer, as people have started to pay deposits etc at other schools, and GA-PCOM wouldn't want to lose out on the cream-of-the-crop applicants.

HooahDOc

15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
Someone received an acceptance letter from PCOM-GA today. Their interview was 10/17

Tallulah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2005
Status
JKDMed said:
Someone received an acceptance letter from PCOM-GA today. Their interview was 10/17
that was me, but I live next door to the school...I think most people will get letters on Saturday or early next week...good luck!

HooahDOc

15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
I wonder what dates these letters are for

drgreeneatutk

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Pikeville
Status
Medical Student
He goes up for the shot...AND....Rejected! Just got my "small" envelope today. Oh well, I really liked the school but was pretty sure I was going to Pikeville already.

HooahDOc

15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
Were the GA acceptance envelopes small?

goat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2005
Status
JKDMed said:
Were the GA acceptance envelopes small?
Regular business length envelopes. It had a few pages so a little thicker than normal but not explosively thick. Good luck! :luck:

HooahDOc

15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
goat said:
Regular business length envelopes. It had a few pages so a little thicker than normal but not explosively thick. Good luck! :luck:
Thanks. I'm not sure if letters for my date have even gone out.

snicker1045

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2005
In my imagination...
Status
Medical Student
JKDMed said:
Thanks. I'm not sure if letters for my date have even gone out.

Hey JKDMed... When did you interview? I can try to check and see if our ADCOM met on all of the interviews at once or if it ended up being broken down into sections. Get back with me and I'll let you know what I can find out for you, ok? :)

About the Ads