Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

GA-PCOM interviewees - heads up!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by samdwi, Nov 14, 2005.

1. samdwi

samdwi Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    For those who applied to GA-PCOM:

Our Dean just mentioned today that they plan on sending out the first batch of acceptance letters in about 1 week.

Oooh, I can feel the tension...

Feel free to PM me or other GA-PCOMers with questions you may have about the school/town etc (current students include "Drugtech", "BMW19", "BringintheReign", "samdwi", "coalesced" - off the top of my head).

2. drgreeneatutk

drgreeneatutk Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks for the heads up. I interviewed there oct 17 and was wondering when I might hear back. They had said they planned on mailing them out the second week of Nov. so I was wondering if they were a bit behind schedule or if that meant I was getting the skinny envelope : >)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. coalesced

coalesced Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Dang it Samdwi,

I wanted to be the good samaritan and tell them about it. Add me to the list of current Ga-PCOMers that can be contacted with any questions.

I think the delay in acceptances is stemming from the fact that number of applications has increased almost 50% from last year.

good luck to all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tallulah

Tallulah Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks for letting us know! I was getting a bit anxious to hear back from them.

5. samdwi

samdwi Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sure.

For our class, they let us know within 48 hours of our interview. Most of us would return home from the interview and an email/letter would be waiting for us - so we thought it would be the same this year. But I can see how having more than 2100 applications AND a first-year class this year would slow things down.

TO FELLOW GA-PCOMers: On another note, what shape was the kidney again? pea?, zucchini?, lentil? asparagus?

6. sketches

sketches Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey, it could have been worse. He could have asked if the kidney was kidney shaped ;)

7. BMW19

BMW19 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would go with Walnut or Almond, oops wrong organ

BMW-

8. drgreeneatutk

drgreeneatutk Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Still no word, hope to hear something soon. Other PCOM-GA interviewee's let us know when you hear something

9. Tallulah

Tallulah Member
    5+ Year Member

Someone else from GA campus said that they have NOT mailed the letters yet...

10. samdwi

samdwi Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That's odd. Anyway, I don't think it will be much longer, as people have started to pay deposits etc at other schools, and GA-PCOM wouldn't want to lose out on the cream-of-the-crop applicants.

11. HooahDOc

Physician 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Someone received an acceptance letter from PCOM-GA today. Their interview was 10/17

12. Tallulah

Tallulah Member
    5+ Year Member

that was me, but I live next door to the school...I think most people will get letters on Saturday or early next week...good luck!

13. HooahDOc

Attending Physician
    I wonder what dates these letters are for

14. drgreeneatutk

drgreeneatutk Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    He goes up for the shot...AND....Rejected! Just got my "small" envelope today. Oh well, I really liked the school but was pretty sure I was going to Pikeville already.

15. HooahDOc

Attending Physician
    Were the GA acceptance envelopes small?

16. goat

goat Member
    5+ Year Member

Regular business length envelopes. It had a few pages so a little thicker than normal but not explosively thick. Good luck! :luck:

17. HooahDOc

Attending Physician
    Thanks. I'm not sure if letters for my date have even gone out.

18. snicker1045

snicker1045 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student

Hey JKDMed... When did you interview? I can try to check and see if our ADCOM met on all of the interviews at once or if it ended up being broken down into sections. Get back with me and I'll let you know what I can find out for you, ok? :)