You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
GA PT Schools 2020-2021 Cycle
Started by reems112
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
On-the-way-to-DPT
Full Member
Hey everyone!
I just submitted my application to Georgia Southern (only school in GA I applied to)
My stats:
cGPA: 3.47
pGPA: 3.54
GRE: 150V 150Q 4.0 AWA
3000+ observation hours in multiple settings (2-outpatient clinics, VA Amputee Clinic, SNF)
I just submitted my application to Georgia Southern (only school in GA I applied to)
My stats:
cGPA: 3.47
pGPA: 3.54
GRE: 150V 150Q 4.0 AWA
3000+ observation hours in multiple settings (2-outpatient clinics, VA Amputee Clinic, SNF)
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thats amazing!! Good luck!!Hi everyone!
I applied to Mercer and Emory. I have an interview at Mercer September 26th.
cGPA:3.75
pGPA: 3.5-ish
GRE: 158V; 155Q; 5.0 AWA
Yes I am! wbu?Thanks - are you from georgia?
preptgirl1313
Full Member
Hi everyone!
I applied to Mercer and Emory. I have an interview at Mercer September 26th.
cGPA:3.75
pGPA: 3.5-ish
GRE: 158V; 155Q; 5.0 AWA
Is your interview with Mercer in person or virtual? I plan to apply there and just curious what their plan is for interviews with covid
On-the-way-to-DPT
Full Member
Did anyone that applied to Georgia Southern get the CASPER Snapshot email request? Just wondering if anyone has done it or could give any advice on how to prepare?
preptgirl1313
Full Member
Did anyone that applied to Georgia Southern get the CASPER Snapshot email request? Just wondering if anyone has done it or could give any advice on how to prepare?
I got that as well but don't know much about it. I'm assuming it will just be 3 pretty basic interview/get to know you/why pt kind of questions, but any insight would be appreciated!
I did the CASPer snapshot for another school and it was actually really simple. 3 questions, 2 minutes to video yourself responding to each, no reshoots.Did anyone that applied to Georgia Southern get the CASPER Snapshot email request? Just wondering if anyone has done it or could give any advice on how to prepare?
Hey everyone!
I'm applying to Emory, Georgia State, and Mercer and have interviews w/ Georgia State (sept. 11), Mercer (sept. 25), and Emory (11/13) ***was accepted to all 3
cGPA: 3.7
pGPA: 3.22-3.4ish
GRE: V 154 Q 157 5.0 AW
I'm applying to Emory, Georgia State, and Mercer and have interviews w/ Georgia State (sept. 11), Mercer (sept. 25), and Emory (11/13) ***was accepted to all 3
cGPA: 3.7
pGPA: 3.22-3.4ish
GRE: V 154 Q 157 5.0 AW
Last edited:
preptgirl1313
Full Member
Has anyone else received an interview for Augusta or have any tips?
On-the-way-to-DPT
Full Member
Did anyone receive an invitation to interview for Georgia Southern? They said interviews would be around mid-October for the priority deadline.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
goldielift
Full Member
Did anyone receive an invitation to interview for Georgia Southern? They said interviews would be around mid-October for the priority deadline.
Aside from the email informing applicants to complete the Snapshot, I have yet to hearing anything. I hope they let applicants know their decision for an interview even if they choose to not move forward with them.
Hey everyone!
I'm applying to Emory, Georgia State, and Mercer and have interviews w/ Georgia State (sept. 11) and Mercer (sept. 25)
cGPA: 3.7
pGPA: 3.22-3.4ish
GRE: V 154 Q 157 5.0 AW
How did your interview with Mercer go? I was just invited to interview for the end of October/early November dates and I’m currently debating if I’d rather have it virtual or in-person.
I enjoyed it. I went in-person because I had never been to the campus before. We got to go on a tour which was nice. The interview day started with us being split into groups. My group first went and had a panel with current students. We asked all sorts of questions that they answered. After, we had out individual interviews with one faculty member that lasted about 30 minutes. Hope this helps!How did your interview with Mercer go? I was just invited to interview for the end of October/early November dates and I’m currently debating if I’d rather have it virtual or in-person.
Anyone hear back from Georgia Southern for an interview yet?Aside from the email informing applicants to complete the Snapshot, I have yet to hearing anything. I hope they let applicants know their decision for an interview even if they choose to not move forward with them.
preptgirl1313
Full Member
I got an email last Friday (10/9) for an interview the week of the 22-30Anyone hear back from Georgia Southern for an interview yet?
Well that does not look good for me. Have you heard of anyone getting an email that they did not get an interview?I got an email last Friday (10/9) for an interview the week of the 22-30
letsdothisptthing
Full Member
Has anyone heard back from Emory?
It's okay! Some schools take a little bit longer to respond than others! Don't lose hope!Well that does not look good for me. Have you heard of anyone getting an email that they did not get an interview?
I have notHas anyone heard back from Emory?
Has anyone heard back from Emory?
I just heard back yesterday, and have an interview scheduled for November 13th.
On-the-way-to-DPT
Full Member
How did the interview go?I got an email last Friday (10/9) for an interview the week of the 22-30
Hi everyone! I wanted to share my stats for comparison with you all, so here they are!
University: California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly SLO)
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.6 (depending on the school)
GRE: 155 V 155 Q 5.5 AW
Extracurriculars/volunteer: Health assessment club, coached sports for people with disabilities, research assistant for 2 years (honors senior project for 2 quarters), humane society volunteer, CPA firm office assistant for 2 years, CPR certification
Honors: cum laude honors, dean's list (8 quarters), president's list (2 academic years), W & A Sandercock Scholarship, essay published in Cal Poly SLO's English textbook
Hours: Over 1600 hours (2 years) as an outpatient pt aide (no inpatient experience due to covid)
Applying to (but haven't heard from yet): CSULB, Chapman, UCSF/SFSU, USC, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Emory, UW, University of Colorado, Regis, and SDSU
University: California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly SLO)
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.6 (depending on the school)
GRE: 155 V 155 Q 5.5 AW
Extracurriculars/volunteer: Health assessment club, coached sports for people with disabilities, research assistant for 2 years (honors senior project for 2 quarters), humane society volunteer, CPA firm office assistant for 2 years, CPR certification
Honors: cum laude honors, dean's list (8 quarters), president's list (2 academic years), W & A Sandercock Scholarship, essay published in Cal Poly SLO's English textbook
Hours: Over 1600 hours (2 years) as an outpatient pt aide (no inpatient experience due to covid)
Applying to (but haven't heard from yet): CSULB, Chapman, UCSF/SFSU, USC, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Emory, UW, University of Colorado, Regis, and SDSU
Last edited:
preptgirl1313
Full Member
I actually decided to decline my interview due to being accepted to another program, but hopefully someone else has some insight!How did the interview go?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't heard anything yet, even though I thought they were sending them out relatively soon (the application deadline was much earlier than the other programs that I applied to). Let me know when you hear anything from them!Has anyone been denied from Georgia Southern yet?
goldielift
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything from Georgia Southern or Georgia State?
I heard from Georgia Southern last week but I priority review. I did priority review for GSU as well, but I was "rolled into general admissions" and have not heard anything since late September.
Were you priority review? Did you receive an interview email last week?I heard from Georgia Southern last week but I priority review. I did priority review for GSU as well, but I was "rolled into general admissions" and have not heard anything since late September.
goldielift
Full Member
Were you priority review? Did you receive an interview email last week?
Yes, I was priority review and had an interview the last week of October
How was the interview?Yes, I was priority review and had an interview the last week of October
I did not apply to Georgia Southern, but I was accepted to Georgia State. I submitted my application around September 12 and interviewed on October 23.Has anyone heard anything from Georgia Southern or Georgia State?
The interview was pretty standard - why did I want to be a PT, etc. The one question that threw me was "what is your personal slogan?" I really couldn't think of anything, so I fumbled around for a while. I guess that I was ok though because I go my acceptance not too long after the interview!
macisterling
Full Member
I just had my interview with Emory yesterday and it was pretty standard! I think we hear back in 2 weeks or so
What did they ask? And what date did you apply?I just had my interview with Emory yesterday and it was pretty standard! I think we hear back in 2 weeks or so
macisterling
Full Member
i applied September 14! If you applied after the 15 then your interviews aren’t until January I believe. They asked why you want to be a PT, why Emory, the good and bad things about how you communicate, explain a tough conversation with someone and what it taught you, and what achievement are you most proud of! Then you were given a chance to ask them questions.What did they ask? And what date did you apply?
hopefuldpt333
New Member
Has anyone heard back from Emory after the interview?
Not yet!Has anyone heard back from Emory after the interview?
Not yet. I interviewed on October 23rd and they told our group that we would hear back by December 23rd at the latest.Has anyone heard back from Mercer? I had an interview in late September and am waiting to hear back about it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
preptgirl1313
Full Member
I interviewed in October and received an offer of admission about a week after. However, I just decided to decline my spot, so I hope it can be offered to one of you!Has anyone heard back from Mercer? I had an interview in late September and am waiting to hear back about it.
I interviewed in October and was accepted not long after. You might want to email admissions- they are very nice and helpful!Has anyone heard back from Georgia State? I applied in August and I haven't heard anything from them :/
I applied and have an interview next FridayHas anyone applied to PCOM? And heard back from them or not yet?