Gallaudet Clinical Psychology Ph.D.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychotic_

Reaction score
Anyone apply to Gallaudet for 2019 cohort? I cannot find any data on their acceptance rate for the program other than they are accepting 5 student for the 2019 cohort.

I applied & still haven't heard back. If anyone has applied or is a current student at Gallaudet, any information would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1) their acceptance rates are unusual because it’s the deaf school, which skews the applicant pool. It’s pretty high.

2) Years ago, before the internet was firmly established, a young psydr requested an application via mail for this school. I was quite confused about all the questions about asl, and how the nature of my hearing problems.

3).you might not want to use the phrase “haven’t heard back...”.

Reactions: 1 user
1) their acceptance rates are unusual because it’s the deaf school, which skews the applicant pool. It’s pretty high.

2) Years ago, before the internet was firmly established, a young psydr requested an application via mail for this school. I was quite confused about all the questions about asl, and how the nature of my hearing problems.

3).you might not want to use the phrase “haven’t heard back...”.

acceptance rates are pretty high? i feel like its a very specific sub-field in psychology, clinical psychology with deaf/Deaf & HOH individuals, so I feel like a lot of people don't apply to the program. Maybe I'm just hopeful thinking.

Members don't see this ad :)
acceptance rates are pretty high? i feel like its a very specific sub-field in psychology, clinical psychology with deaf/Deaf & HOH individuals, so I feel like a lot of people don't apply to the program. Maybe I'm just hopeful thinking.
That's what he's saying. The acceptance rate skews high, because it's a niche area.

Reactions: 1 user
You can search for accredited programs' data on acceptance rates here: https://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/index

Searching for Gallaudet got me here: Student Admissions, Outcomes, And Other Data

It concerns me that this page doesn't have their application data - which I thought was part of the required information they have to share in order to be accredited...also, it appears that at the last site visit, they were accredited for 3 years with another site visit scheduled, due to unspecified issues with the program. I would, if you get an interview, ask about what issues were identified in the last site visit and how the program plans to rectify them, as this could impact the program's accreditation when you graduate and, ultimately, your job prospects.

Reactions: 1 users
You can search for accredited programs' data on acceptance rates here: Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation

Searching for Gallaudet got me here: Student Admissions, Outcomes, And Other Data

It concerns me that this page doesn't have their application data - which I thought was part of the required information they have to share in order to be accredited...also, it appears that at the last site visit, they were accredited for 3 years with another site visit scheduled, due to unspecified issues with the program. I would, if you get an interview, ask about what issues were identified in the last site visit and how the program plans to rectify them, as this could impact the program's accreditation when you graduate and, ultimately, your job prospects.
Yep, that is exactly what I find when I search. & I have searched high & low, 10+ pages on Google search deep. But if I do get an interview, I will definitely ask about the issues. Thanks for pointing that out, I just figured since it was such a niche area (as stated above!) that maybe data was lacking. Thanks so much for your advice!!