gamets and spores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arpitpatel86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i read somewhere that humans contain gametes and spores too.....is this true? i thought it was only plants....this is prally a stpuid question

Members don't see this ad.

haha uhhhhhhh i would like to know where you read this. this is first time hearing of such a thing...

like in meiosis u get the gametes....and then somewhere in destroyer it said humans have spores too i forgot what question

lol i've been through destroyer bio and i don't recall ever seeing this

Members don't see this ad :)
I just saw in kaplan subject test #5 in question #13 it says "both animals and plants produce spores"

which animals produce spores??!?

Last edited:
I just saw in kaplan subject test #5 in question #13 it says "both animals and plants produce spores"

which animals produce spores??!?

Well maybey they are referring to Fungi, which are not in the plant kingdom, but also aren't in the animal kingdom lol. It's very vague wording. Is that statement part of a false answer?

No, it was actually a sentence in the explanations but don't worry, i think i got it, i asked reliable sources and this is what they said

"It depends - the word "spore" has had a very broad application. But Apicomplexans, previously called Sporozoans, are one type of animal that produces spores. They changed the name partly because it was decided that spores shouldn't be applied to animals, but in the protozoans you have species that have plant, animal, and fungus characteristics, so the term can't be totally avoided."

No, it was actually a sentence in the explanations but don't worry, i think i got it, i asked reliable sources and this is what they said

"It depends - the word "spore" has had a very broad application. But Apicomplexans, previously called Sporozoans, are one type of animal that produces spores. They changed the name partly because it was decided that spores shouldn't be applied to animals, but in the protozoans you have species that have plant, animal, and fungus characteristics, so the term can't be totally avoided."

Awesome. That brings up a good point about the naming of phylogenies within the animal kingdom. So I guess for now we can just remember spore with sporozoans:D