Gap Year Advice

Started by mdolla26
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mdolla26

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm lucky enough to be in a bsmd program, and have no plans of applying out. I came into college with a significant amount of credits, and will be graduating a year early, but am unable to matriculate into medical school until 4 years have passed. I've been thinking about what to do in my gap year, and have considered doing research or working as a PCT or EMT, but am honestly open to anything. Do you guys have any suggestions and insight on how what I do would impact career opportunities post med school? What would you do in my situation?