Gap year between OMS 2 & 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOhopeful987

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I failed one course this semester and the remediation so I will have to wait a year to retake that one course. I'm planning to study a lot obviously but what else can I do to help me match?

I was thinking of getting a job as an ER Tech to help pay for expenses (I have prior experience) and keep me motivated/prepare for clinicals. And will try to get some research in.

Are these good ideas? Any better opportunities that I should look into?

Members don't see this ad.

I failed one course this semester and the remediation so I will have to wait a year to retake that one course. I'm planning to study a lot obviously but what else can I do to help me match?

I was thinking of getting a job as an ER Tech to help pay for expenses (I have prior experience) and keep me motivated/prepare for clinicals. And will try to get some research in.

You have to wait a full year to remediate the course?

What? You have to remediate a whole year because of one course?
What course was this? Also what school was this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’d rather not say the school for anonymity. It was a preparation course required to pass prior to beginning clerkships. It’s only offered once a year so I have to wait until next year to take it again. I just have to retake that one class.

I talked with a student who was in a similar position a couple years ago and they just did a ton of research during that time. But I’m trying to see what my options all are.

What the?? What kind of school is this lol

I guess just do a crap load of research