Gap year between OMS 2 & 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DOhopeful987

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I failed one course this semester and the remediation so I will have to wait a year to retake that one course. I'm planning to study a lot obviously but what else can I do to help me match?

I was thinking of getting a job as an ER Tech to help pay for expenses (I have prior experience) and keep me motivated/prepare for clinicals. And will try to get some research in.

Are these good ideas? Any better opportunities that I should look into?
 
I failed one course this semester and the remediation so I will have to wait a year to retake that one course. I'm planning to study a lot obviously but what else can I do to help me match?

I was thinking of getting a job as an ER Tech to help pay for expenses (I have prior experience) and keep me motivated/prepare for clinicals. And will try to get some research in.

Are these good ideas? Any better opportunities that I should look into?
You have to wait a full year to remediate the course?
 
I failed one course this semester and the remediation so I will have to wait a year to retake that one course. I'm planning to study a lot obviously but what else can I do to help me match?

I was thinking of getting a job as an ER Tech to help pay for expenses (I have prior experience) and keep me motivated/prepare for clinicals. And will try to get some research in.

Are these good ideas? Any better opportunities that I should look into?
What? You have to remediate a whole year because of one course?
What course was this? Also what school was this?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What? You have to remediate a whole year because of one course?
What course was this? Also what school was this?
What? You have to remediate a whole year because of one course?
What course was this? Also what school was this?
I’d rather not say the school for anonymity. It was a preparation course required to pass prior to beginning clerkships. It’s only offered once a year so I have to wait until next year to take it again. I just have to retake that one class.

I talked with a student who was in a similar position a couple years ago and they just did a ton of research during that time. But I’m trying to see what my options all are.