gap year jobs, particularly scribe/hospital/clinical experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ml7589

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a senior in college, planning ahead for a gap year and trying to find a job for the coming year or two. I'd most like to scribe in an ER somewhere or work any kind of job that would give me great clinical experience. I'm having a tough time finding scribe jobs outside of Minneapolis, MN where I go to school, and was wondering if anyone's heard of any positions, particularly in Chicago or NYC. Or any advice on how to go about finding them? Online only got me so far, most places don't seem to advertise that much for these types of job positions. Any advice on other potential job ideas would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a senior in college, planning ahead for a gap year and trying to find a job for the coming year or two. I'd most like to scribe in an ER somewhere or work any kind of job that would give me great clinical experience. I'm having a tough time finding scribe jobs outside of Minneapolis, MN where I go to school, and was wondering if anyone's heard of any positions, particularly in Chicago or NYC. Or any advice on how to go about finding them? Online only got me so far, most places don't seem to advertise that much for these types of job positions. Any advice on other potential job ideas would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

AmeriCorps Healthcorps. Look into it. TONS of great clinical experience if you find the right one.

You can also do things outside the healthcare field as your main source of income or the majority of your time. Just back it up with weekly hospital or hospice volunteering to show that you're committed to medicine.