Gap year jobs that can pay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Test prep instruction.

Members don't see this ad.

I bartend 5 days a week which is so fun and a nice break from all the hard academic work I've done. I make 1000+ a week in tips/pay and on the weekend I tutor high school students for $80 an hour. I marketed myself for tutoring of facebook groups and by going to high schools and going to the front office telling them I am a resource with my resume in hand. I have plenty of time to enjoy going out to eat, relaxing, seeing movies. This is exactly how I wanted to spend my gap year!
Damn didn't realize you could ask that much as a tutor.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Damn didn't realize you could ask that much as a tutor.

I started with $50 and hour and everyone was freaking out about how cheap I was. Apparently most tutors in my area charge 120 an hour! nuts!

Members don't see this ad :)
I started with $50 and hour and everyone was freaking out about how cheap I was. Apparently most tutors in my area charge 120 an hour! nuts!
Lol I'm getting ~$30 from a test prep company with a 99th+ percentile MCAT. Looks like I played myself

Micro Brews that don't serve food are the ultimate part time job for a fresh college graduate. Most of them close early so you can find work from like 5:00 to 10:00 during the week work until like 1:00 on the weekend(that includes clean up). You don't even have to know anything about mixing drinks and ect. All the beers are like $6 each so the tips are normally pretty good.

I worked at a company that had me work from 4 am to anywhere from 3 - 7 p.m., 5x a week. I was pulling in around $65K/year but it drained my soul and social life (too tired to do anything with anyone.) Now I have a job doing translational research working normal hours making between $40-50K/year. I absolutely love my job now and the pay cut was so-well worth it. I have quite a bit saved up now and I LOVE that I took time off from school. I don't regret a thing. This is going to be my 3rd gap year and I'll have a few more before I'm ready to apply. Not in a rush either. And if I don't make it to medical school regardless, I have a few back-up options that I'll be happy to pursue

Reactions: 1 user