Gap Year Part Time Job Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ConfusedPremed208

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need some advice and some divine intervention.

I will be graduating college in May and will be traveling in the summer. I am thinking of what job I am going to be doing next year and looking for advice specific to what kinds of options are available.

Here are some things to keep in mind:
1. It needs to be a part time job (temporarily) because I am simultaneously going to be studying for the MCAT.
2. I will eventually need to go full time for financial reasons, after a few months of part time. So, hopefully something that I would not have too much of a problem quitting or switching to full time. For instance, I don’t want to sign a contract or to a commitment I can’t keep.

I have looked into scribing with Scribe America but given the commitments they ask for, I am not sure if it will be possible to switch to full time. I am also interested in teaching but I have no experience or exposure to this.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Commitment for SA isn’t binding but pay is **** so i don’t really recommend it unless you need Lors or clinical hours.

Kill the mcat, online tutor from the comfort of your own room

Reactions: 1 user
Scribing is a plus on any application and gives you a chance to get that good personal LOR for the physician you scribe for (might be multiple if in the ED). Might pay ****, but you learn a lot (depending if they actually let you write the note independently or use you as a dictaphone) and get to work with a physician :)