Gap year-what to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1004jelly

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Take a deep breath, you’ll be fine. Focus on your health first, because you do NOT want to start simlabs with existing bodily injuries. While there are plenty of incoming dental students who’ve had experiences as dental assistants or front desk staff, there’s also plenty of others who’ve worked in completely different fields that are not related to dentistry (or even the healthcare field - I myself was in an office-type job for my gap year since dental offices near me didn’t have any openings). Let go of what you can’t control and keep working hard to recover and save money.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are confident in your scores and think you have a great shot of getting in, channel the vast majority of your time/energy into hobbies, and having fun.

But wait..... If you've had a neck injury are you sure you want to do dentistry??? It's very hard on the neck..

Reactions: 1 users
I think assisting was just too much on my body...working 10hours a week without sitting down for more than 30 minutes.. The office I work at is a pretty busy office & limited staff members..
I mean, if you think assisting is hard on the body, I think you will find doing dentistry very much the same. You really ought to think this one through.