Gastroenterology interviews offered

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

futuregi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Similar to IM thread the purpose of this one is to keep people in the loop as to which programs have started offering interviews for this year's application cycle and what kind of ecxperience interviewees had.

Feel free to post any programs offering interviews that you know of!

Members don't see this ad.

How about rejections, just got UCLA and U New Mexico.

Recently interviewed at UIC and Chicago. Had 3 interviews at UIC, 4 at UCLA. Very pleasant and informal.

Members don't see this ad :)
futuregi said:
Recently interviewed at UIC and Chicago. Had 3 interviews at UIC, 4 at UCLA. Very pleasant and informal.

I thought GI was participating in MSMP this year? Don't interviews start in January? Sorry, this was presuming this programs you interviewed at were participating in the match. Just curious.

HDMTX said:
I thought GI was participating in MSMP this year? Don't interviews start in January? Sorry, this was presuming this programs you interviewed at were participating in the match. Just curious.

you're right, most of GI fellowships participate in match, UCLA and Irvine, anmong a few other programs don't. UIC has 1 spot in the match and 1 outside of it so they interview early as well.

In addition to programs interviewing outside the match, some programs are also interviewing early for their basic science/bench research track positions. I know UofWash-Seattle was one of these- early interviews for basic science track, but they did not even open applications for their clinical track (participating in the match) until November 1st.

Now that most of the GI program deadlines have either passed or are soon approaching, has anyone heard any news- rejections/interview offers?

They're finally starting to come. Got one at Brigham today.

Do you guys get the interviews by email or regular mail? Just curious.

This one and UWashington came by e-mail. I also heard from UVA, but they are my home program so I figured they'd interview me earlier than other applicants.

I have not heard either way from any programs yet. I just got all my aps out at the end of November. How many programs did everyone apply to? My total was 20.

texas_ute said:
I have not heard either way from any programs yet. I just got all my aps out at the end of November. How many programs did everyone apply to? My total was 20.

I have applied to 25. Got one from BWH also. Also one from Penn. Has anyone heard from anywhere else? How about U of Chicago? Their website said they're going to let us know between 12/1-12/15.

Members don't see this ad :)
So far have not heard anywhere else. Applied to 18, up and down east coast and Seattle. A friend of mine has heard from Penn and UNC. 1996, when did Penn let you know? Also did you to clinical track or epidemiology track? Feel free to PM if you don't want to say on this forum.

I called UT Southwestern yesterday, their first interview day is Jan 21. They have a second interview day some time in February.

Just got U. of Chicago's invite today. Still waiting for others.

iv got 4 interviews so far applied to 30 umich,emory,univ of Missouri and Mayo Jacksonville

Got UC davis and Beth israel today

THE GI places my colleagues have interviewed at thus far:

UCSF, UCLA, Minnesota, Cincinnati.

Our program has yet to interview from what I hear...

-S.

I just received an interview at Boston Medical for the end of January.

Howdy ya'll,

I've heard from UNC, Wake, Vandy and U Florida. Northeast programs though have shut me out. Anyone hear from the New York City programs yet?

Thanks

Heard from NYU last week. Anyone heard from USC?

Now that we are talking about NYC.....just curious about the general sense of reputation of the NYC programs. Can people out there give input and rank the following. Memorial Sloan Kettering, Cornell, Columbia, Einstein/Montefiore, Mt. Sinai, NYU.

I also applied to USC, and have not heard anything back from them yet.

I called Mayo-Rochester today. They told me they are not interviewing applicants until April. Also, they told me they are in the process of separating applications into three categories: Interview, Hold, Declined. They told me I should hear via e-mail within the next month.

I didn't apply to the other Mayo programs, so I don't know if the same applies.

Crypt

Crypt Abscess said:
I called Mayo-Rochester today. They told me they are not interviewing applicants until April. Also, they told me they are in the process of separating applications into three categories: Interview, Hold, Declined. They told me I should hear via e-mail within the next month.

I didn't apply to the other Mayo programs, so I don't know if the same applies.

Crypt

Interviewed at mayo Arizona on 1/16.

Has anyone seen any kind of communication on the clinical scholar track spots (not clinical investigator) for these places:

--U of Washington (Seattle)
--U of Colorado
--Wash U (St. Louis)
--U of Michigan
--UVA
--UAB
--Duke

I haven't heard anything back yet from these programs (at least no rejections yet). I'm just curious to find out if they have been offerring interviews to external applicants yet.

butts-n-guts said:
Has anyone seen any kind of communication on the clinical scholar track spots (not clinical investigator) for these places:

--U of Washington (Seattle)
--U of Colorado
--Wash U (St. Louis)
--U of Michigan
--UVA
--UAB
--Duke

I haven't heard anything back yet from these programs (at least no rejections yet). I'm just curious to find out if they have been offerring interviews to external applicants yet.

I called Duke, and they say that they are just finishing their applications review this week. Should be starting to call/email applicants in the next week or two.

On a different note, I just got an invitation from Mt Sinai today, but haven't heard anything from Columbia or Cornell. Has anyone heard anything from these two yet?

1996 said:
I called Duke, and they say that they are just finishing their applications review this week. Should be starting to call/email applicants in the next week or two.

On a different note, I just got an invitation from Mt Sinai today, but haven't heard anything from Columbia or Cornell. Has anyone heard anything from these two yet?

I didn't apply to either, myself, so I'm not sure. I did get an invitation from Duke on Thursday, but got denied by Seattle the next day. Win some, lose some...

Heard from Mayo-Rocheter. They offer four interview days in April. Crypt

Hi,
I've got an interview at Duke this Saturday. Any thoughts on the interview day? It looked pretty intense (7 interviews). Let me know.

Thanks

Anyone have an idea on how Stony Brook's GI program is (are fellow happy, enough procedures, etc)? thanks.

U of Colorado sent their invitations about 3 weeks ago.

So far, have gotten from these places:

NYC:
Beth Israel
NYU
Memorial-Sloan Kettering
Weill-Cornell

Florida:
Mayo Clinic JAX
University of South Florida

Has Anyone heard from University of Miami-Jackson Hospital?

This is a question for all of you who have applied this year.

I plan on applying this year and am also have a tentative medicine trip out of the country in March/April. Are most of the interviews you are receiving in the January/February time frame or are you getting most in the later months?

Thanks for any info you could provide.

most of my 17 interviews were in march and april, with the option of some being done in feb but i was busy so i made them all march.

Status
Not open for further replies.