Gay Pathology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fab5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello... I was wondering if there was any organization for homosexual pathologists or some kind of gay group that meets at national meetings like the USCAP, CAP or ASCP...

Members don't see this ad.

fab5 said:
Hello... I was wondering if there was any organization for homosexual pathologists or some kind of gay group that meets at national meetings like the USCAP, CAP or ASCP...

Are you serious? :laugh:

I don't recall seeing one when I was there...most of the meetings are for certain specialties like soft tissue or pediatric path. I have no earthly idea how one would find out about it though.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, i am very serious. i am a first year path resident and when i was in medical school, we had an organization for gay medical professionals. i just thought it would be nice to network with other gay pathologists. i love my straight co-residents and colleagues (and listen to them talk about their wives and husbands and children all the time) but nothing beats friendships with people who are like you. i do not mean to offend anybody with this post... i am new to this forum and from reading the posts, i figured i would get some helpful information - about this thread, or otherwise. thanks a lot!

cheers!

Reactions: 1 user
LADoc00 said:

I'm impressed at your restraint. I expected a dermpath joke. You aren't starting to mellow in your old age are you?

Are they an indian, a cowboy, a policeman, a construction worker, and a sailor? Just asking. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

CameronFrye said:
I'm impressed at your restraint. I expected a dermpath joke. You aren't starting to mellow in your old age are you?

I was surprised as well. When I say this tread with LADOC as the single response I was like " Uh oh..."

fab5 said:
yes, i am very serious. i am a first year path resident and when i was in medical school, we had an organization for gay medical professionals. i just thought it would be nice to network with other gay pathologists. i love my straight co-residents and colleagues (and listen to them talk about their wives and husbands and children all the time) but nothing beats friendships with people who are like you. i do not mean to offend anybody with this post... i am new to this forum and from reading the posts, i figured i would get some helpful information - about this thread, or otherwise. thanks a lot!

cheers!

As far as I know (a soon-to-be-pathology resident who is, in fact, gay), there are none that exist. It's a good thought, though, and is definitely worth looking into.

For the record, I was also amazed at LADoc00's restraint. ;)

LADoc00 said:

political correctness at workplace is beginning to git ya!!

:) :)

runs.........

No I have heard of this. I believe that it is a sub set of soft tissue and GI, and sometime the bone path guys get involved in it.

DasN said:
No I have heard of this. I believe that it is a sub set of soft tissue and GI, and sometime the bone path guys get involved in it.

There is a GLBT section of the AMA. I don't know if that is what you are looking for or not, but I thought I would let you know.

Stephanieukmed said:
There is a GLBT section of the AMA. I don't know if that is what you are looking for or not, but I thought I would let you know.

I take it you didnt get the joke

DasN said:

Cute!

Members don't see this ad :)
DasN said:

Post of the year! :laugh: :laugh:

I got the e-newsletter from CAP stating they are working are on a series of Brokeback themes for the up coming San Diego meeting. I think the most widely attended one will be "Brokeback Dermatopathology." Just a guess tho. I overheard some pathologist wives at the Vancouver meeting saying they always knew their husbands werent "signing out skins" for 12 hours a day, I had to chuckle to myself as I knew "skin examination" was definitely involved....On a similar note, I heard each Dermpath board certificate from the ABP is being mailed with a gift certificate for KY, just a rumor tho at this point.

Someone told me there is a South Park episode where Cartman joins NAMBLA.....not sure if any dermatopathologists made a guest appearence there...anyone know?

In conclusion, I regret not going to UCSF for my path training as I cant imagine what all the experience with anal pap smears might be doing for me now had I been closer to the Castro.

Okay, now SERIOUSLY, for all the ladies out there I wondered after watching Brokeback (yes I sat through it all, but closed my eyes at some points): If your husband was having a gay affair what would be worse
If he was a catcher or pitcher? Or would it not matter to you if he promised he used protection? Maybe when you were dating, were there guys who seemed just far tou serious about instructing you on the best technique for a bj?? Didnt that seem suspicious?? Just curious.

LADoc00 said:
I got the e-newsletter from CAP stating they are working are on a series of Brokeback themes for the up coming San Diego meeting. I think the most widely attended one will be "Brokeback Dermatopathology." Just a guess tho. I overheard some pathologist wives at the Vancouver meeting saying they always knew their husbands werent "signing out skins" for 12 hours a day, I had to chuckle to myself as I knew "skin examination" was definitely involved....On a similar note, I heard each Dermpath board certificate from the ABP is being mailed with a gift certificate for KY, just a rumor tho at this point.

Someone told me there is a South Park episode where Cartman joins NAMBLA.....not sure if any dermatopathologists made a guest appearence there...anyone know?

In conclusion, I regret not going to UCSF for my path training as I cant imagine what all the experience with anal pap smears might be doing for me now had I been closer to the Castro.

Okay, now SERIOUSLY, for all the ladies out there I wondered after watching Brokeback (yes I sat through it all, but closed my eyes at some points): If your husband was having a gay affair what would be worse
If he was a catcher or pitcher? Or would it not matter to you if he promised he used protection? Maybe when you were dating, were there guys who seemed just far tou serious about instructing you on the best technique for a bj?? Didnt that seem suspicious?? Just curious.

Is this supposed to be funny? Really it's kinda lame! LADoc, stick to complaining about how pathology has screwed you over and how your life sucks. Its much funnier!!

DoubleHappiness said:
Is this supposed to be funny? Really it's kinda lame! LADoc, stick to complaining about how pathology has screwed you over and how your life sucks. Its much funnier!!

I hadnt read this thread before this morning after I posted and noticed someone accused me of being corrupted by PCness. The horror!

Anyway, have to be able to make fun of anything! Seriously. Life is too short.

One this I do think is not funny is NAMBLA (see reference in South Park to Super Adventure Club), seriously google that crap....I hope thats not the pathology group the OP was looking for...theyre HQ is close to the UCSF campus tho..makes you go hmmmmmm, doesnt it? :laugh:

LADoc00 said:
One this I do think is not funny is NAMBLA (see reference in South Park to Super Adventure Club)

Actually, the Super Adventure Club was all about slamming Scientology for brainwashing Isaac Hayes (Chef) into leaving the show. They weren't making a joke about NAMBLA. They were calling Scientologists a bunch of degenerate child molesters.

Moral of the story: don't cross Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

RyMcQ said:
Actually, the Super Adventure Club was all about slamming Scientology for brainwashing Isaac Hayes (Chef) into leaving the show. They weren't making a joke about NAMBLA. They were calling Scientologists a bunch of degenerate child molesters.

I think they had an actual episode about NAMBLA tho as well...

My point is there IS a vocal portion of the gay movement all about scoring with teen/preteen boys. To think is otherwise is naive. Yes, at one point gays were persecuted etc. and that sucks but where is empathy for all the child victims who get raped by this subculture?? That is why I love South Park, they call it like it is!

Until the NAMBLA subculture is denounced by the gay political apparatus at large, I cant support any gayness at all.

Yes, this forum was SO MUCH better before people bitched about the job market.

Did you just necro a thread literally 12 years old?? why exactly?

A look back at the halcyon days of the forum. The good looking nick nolte, not the mugshot

There was an episode about NAMBLA. Cartman wants adult friends, so he goes online and ends up joining NAMBLA.

There’s also a subplot about Kenny trying to abort his mom’s new baby.

(1) I recommend contacting the organizations where you are interested in attending meetings (whether CAP, or another AP or CP specific subspecialty), and ask their mentorship group/subsection. They can tell you for sure if there is or help you start one if not. I am sure a lot of pathologists would be happy to see one.

(2) For the people mocking this person's post- shame.