GChem on AceTheDat.com vs. Actual

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

accidental

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used acethedat.com? I can ace the gen chem section on acethedat but I bomb the Kaplan practice. Which is more accurate? I hope acethedat is closer to the level tested on the real DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

All I know is that Kaplan's general chemistry tests whipped my arse repeatedly, and by the end of their course I was scoring 18-19 gen chem on their tests. I got a 25 on the real thing, so Kaplan's are definitely more difficult. Good prep, though! :) If you prepare as if you were going to take Kaplan's tests, you'll be good to go.

Typo said:
All I know is that Kaplan's general chemistry tests whipped my arse repeatedly, and by the end of their course I was scoring 18-19 gen chem on their tests. I got a 25 on the real thing, so Kaplan's are definitely more difficult. Good prep, though! :) If you prepare as if you were going to take Kaplan's tests, you'll be good to go.

By test(s) are you referring to the practice test in teh blue book? How else are these testS obtained because i only see a single practice exam in the blue book.

The general chem section is easier than either acethedat or Kaplan. You are required to do much less calculations and more simple things like 'which sets of elements are isoelectric with one another.'

sdnmember: I believe these folks are signed up for either a Kaplan course or the online tutorial. The blue book only has the one exam on the cd-rom.