GE buys Clarient Labs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathstudent

Sound Kapital
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lots of $$ being made off the backs of working pathologists.

Old news.

Troubling trend Ive known about for quite awhile.

Members don't see this ad :)

Well hopefully the employees have lots of stock. It is only worth 5.00 a share right now, but GE will be paying $20 a share to those that have "preferred stock". And besides no one forced those pathologists to work there. It isn't like a Chinese factory staffed by children, rural poor and political dissidents working for a bowl of rice a day.

It's capitalism. The average CEO makes 500 times the average employee, or something like that. That is the way companies work. The shareholders/excutives make money off the backs of the employees.

Last edited:
570 million? I know that would be a large sum of money to any of us but don't you think a company like Clarient could make that in 5 years? Or was the possiblilty of teaming up with GE too good an opportunity to pass up. I guess if any of us creaated a lab and was offered half a billion dollars, we would have to jump on that.

Actually, Clarient is one those few labs that does not try to make money off the backs of working pathologists.

They tend to work with Pathologists.. rather than clinicians directly.. at least in my experience...

I'm not sure what this GE buyout is going to mean?

More Clarient tie-ins with 30 Rock? Oh wait GE sold NBC.. :smuggrin:

Last edited: