You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Geisinger Commonwealth MBS 2021
Started by MDsquad107
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I’m in the process of applying. Super excited. @MDsquad107 what start date are you applying for, July or October?
I applied for October.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
camiclover
New Member
Applied yesterday! My stats aren’t great so I’m a little nervous, but applied for fall
Awesome. I'm sure you'll do fine. Are you applying for October start too?Applied yesterday! My stats aren’t great so I’m a little nervous, but applied for fall
camiclover
New Member
Yeah! Do you have any idea of when we should expect a decision?Awesome. I'm sure you'll do fine. Are you applying for October start too?
You should hear within 10-14 business days. For me it was exactly 14 days since app completed. @camiclover
camiclover
New Member
Oh man okay, the anticipation is killing me!!You should hear within 10-14 business days. For me it was exactly 14 days since app completed. @camiclover
camiclover
New Member
@MDsquad107 if you don’t mind me asking, what other SMPs did you apply to?
Dm'd you! @camiclover
Its only online for the rest of 2021I applied as well for Fall 21' and got accepted. Is the program going to be only online or will we be able to be on campus?
I just submitted my app today.You should hear within 10-14 business days. For me it was exactly 14 days since app completed. @camiclover
Does anyone mind sharing their stats? My stats are low so I’m worried. It’d be great if anyone knows someone accepted around these stats. cGPA: 2.55 sGPA: 2.3 MCAT:496 300+ volunteer hours, 1 year working as a pharmacy technician and 4 years working as an anesthesia technician
I was accepted today!I just submitted my app today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats!I was accepted today!
D
deleted969940
Hey, all! I submitted my application yesterday. I applied for the July 2021 cohort. Anyone else for July?
I hope to hear back and I hope it's in my favor!!!
I hope to hear back and I hope it's in my favor!!!
D
deleted969940
Also, is there an interview? I didn't see anywhere on the application checklist that there was one...
Thanks!
Thanks!
Theres no interview for this app.Also, is there an interview? I didn't see anywhere on the application checklist that there was one...
Thanks!
I will begin in July. Good luck!Hey, all! I submitted my application yesterday. I applied for the July 2021 cohort. Anyone else for July?
I hope to hear back and I hope it's in my favor!!!
D
deleted969940
I am starting in July as well! Woohoo!!
PharmacistWithATwist007
New Member
Hi everyone! I start this year! I have an odd question. I was curious if anyone knows anyone with the Syllabi from 2020? especially for Biochem and Cell Biology... I know the 2021 schedule will be a bit different but just may help me wrap my head around the pacing, material, etc. Anyway, thanks so much!!
Lizthewiz3
Full Member
Hello everyone!
I am also starting in July and I am wondering if any of you are Choosing between programs. right now I’m deciding between Geisinger and Touro Masters. Any insight will help. Thank you all!
I am also starting in July and I am wondering if any of you are Choosing between programs. right now I’m deciding between Geisinger and Touro Masters. Any insight will help. Thank you all!
Lizthewiz3
Full Member
I asked this same question and it seems like most apply after completion of the program. I am currently preparing to apply to MD and DO schools in hopes I will get accepted and begin right after completing the masters program.Does anyone know if a lot of students apply to medical school while in the program, or do most usually wait until after it's done and they've received the MBS degree?
Lizthewiz3
Full Member
Exactly. Thats why I decided to start during the summer and make sure I’d be able to start (God willing) medical school the fall after.i am also planning on doing the same thing. the curriculum looked a little weird. on the app it said 9+ credits was fulltime but for the 3rd quarter they only have 8 credits listed. And if you are full time during 3rd quarter, it seems you would finish the program by June 2022 (october 2021 start date). I emailed the admissions people and they basically did not give me a straight answer and said I would have to discuss this with them upon acceptance. But I really don't feel like spending a year doing nothing when all that info will be fresh in my mind.
I'm in the same boat! I'm preparing to apply to MD and DO as well. Really hoping I get in somewhere so I don't have to take an additional gap year after the program finishes :/ I was hoping I could just send grade updates from the MBS classes to the schools I apply to. I'm starting next month too!Exactly. Thats why I decided to start during the summer and make sure I’d be able to start (God willing) medical school the fall after.
Lizthewiz3
Full Member
SAME HERE. Also are you stuck between programs?? I’m leaning towards geisinger simply because it’s online, I have one that’s close to home but it’ll be like an hour travel there and back. And that’s time that could be used for studying lolI'm in the same boat! I'm preparing to apply to MD and DO as well. Really hoping I get in somewhere so I don't have to take an additional gap year after the program finishes :/ I was hoping I could just send grade updates from the MBS classes to the schools I apply to. I'm starting next month too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm gonna stick with Geisinger! With it being online it just ends up being more convenient for me, and I'm saving money by just living at home instead of trying to find an apartment!SAME HERE. Also are you stuck between programs?? I’m leaning towards geisinger simply because it’s online, I have one that’s close to home but it’ll be like an hour travel there and back. And that’s time that could be used for studying lol
Yup!Hi everyone,
As long as all the application requirements including: LORs, applications fee, test scores, are all checked off, my application is considered complete correct?
Thank you
Thank you! Hoping to hear back soon. Edit: Just received my acceptance letter today!Yup!
Last edited:
Congratulations! I'm hoping to hear from them soon! *Cross fingers*Thank you! Hoping to hear back soon. Edit: Just received my acceptance letter today!
Lizthewiz3
Full Member
Hello everyone!
Did anyone get the orientation information yesterday or information on the first day of classes for the summer 2021?
Did anyone get the orientation information yesterday or information on the first day of classes for the summer 2021?
I just received my cost of attendance and financial aid reward letter. Which parts of the cost of attendance is necessary? I will be living with my parents given the program is online and I see "MBS OnLine Rent for ~$,5,500" and other things such as MBS OnLine Transportation, is this just their estimated cost of living that I will be needing or something I need to pay?
This is just the estimated cost. I'm living at home too so those costs don't apply to us. It just gives you all that info so if you were living on campus you would know how much more to borrow if that makes sense. I also had this question and emailed their financial aid email and they were helpful.I just received my cost of attendance and financial aid reward letter. Which parts of the cost of attendance is necessary? I will be living with my parents given the program is online and I see "MBS OnLine Rent for ~$,5,500" and other things such as MBS OnLine Transportation, is this just their estimated cost of living that I will be needing or something I need to pay?
Lizthewiz3
Full Member
Has anyone received any information on tomorrow? It’s supposed to be the first day of classes and i have gotten NOTHING
Have you set up your GCSOM email and Canvas? All the info is on there.Has anyone received any information on tomorrow? It’s supposed to be the first day of classes and i have gotten NOTHING
Lizthewiz3
Full Member
THANK YOU SO MUCHHave you set up your GCSOM email and Canvas? All the info is on there.
Makes sense. Thank you!This is just the estimated cost. I'm living at home too so those costs don't apply to us. It just gives you all that info so if you were living on campus you would know how much more to borrow if that makes sense. I also had this question and emailed their financial aid email and they were helpful.
I was just accepted for the Fall 2021 class. So from what I understand the program ends Sept 25th, 2022, and is fully online this year, I'm worried it would conflict with medical school because I am applying right now. Also, I'm curious how the linkage for this program works if the program won't even be finished by the time their medical school starts.
Hi! How long did it take to hear back from them?I’ve been accepted for the Fall semester!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heyy, I'll say a month.Hi! How long did it take to hear back from them?
Hey! Did you receive an answer?Applied yesterday! My stats aren’t great so I’m a little nervous, but applied for fall
I applied super early for Summer 21 and eventually changed it to Fall 21 once accepted. It took them at least two months to hear back from them. It took so long my mentor sent me that passive "I'm concerned" message. Then one day Alysha from Admissions emailed and asked me if I planned to take Physics II before starting and I of course said yes and forced myself to take it during an accelerated semester (but did well, praise the sky gods). Once I told her yes I received the "yes" from Geisinger about 1-week later.
So, it looks like it varies for decisions. I applied as soon as the application cycle opened and it took about 3 months to hear back. Once I received the acceptance, I received weekly emails saying that I needed to confirm and pay the seat deposit or I risk losing it. When I emailed about the timeframe, I was told there really wasn't one but 30 days would be best. I took about 2 months to reserve my seat as I having a hard time picking this program over another I was accepted into. Good luck 🙂Does anyone know how long we have to make a decision? Is there a certain amount of time I must commit by after getting accepted?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 347
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 399