Geisinger vs Rutgers NJMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jguha

Reaction score
Just wanted some pros and cons to each Medical School and which one you'd choose. Anything helps

Members don't see this ad.

If these are your choices you should probably list YOUR pros/cons.

Barring any significant cost difference, I imagine most would choose Rutgers

Reactions: 2 users
If these are your choices you should probably list YOUR pros/cons.

Barring any significant cost difference, I imagine most would choose Rutgers
Placement for residency is far greater at Geisinger, also better clinical program, and board scores are comparable, depends if you want inner city vs suburban as well

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Placement for residency is far greater at Geisinger, also better clinical program, and board scores are comparable, depends if you want inner city vs suburban as well

Jw, How do ya figure the clinical program is better at Geisinger?

Sooner in the clinics, more patient care sooner and more integrated clinical practice in first year and a half, also mpno residents or f3llows in between the students and the attending physicians during 3 and 4 year rotations unless in Danville, most northeast site hospitals have no residents, the students are directly working with the attendings, better to be taught all the time from an attend8ng rather than a resident all the time or most of the time

Sooner in the clinics, more patient care sooner and more integrated clinical practice in first year and a half, also mpno residents or f3llows in between the students and the attending physicians during 3 and 4 year rotations unless in Danville, most northeast site hospitals have no residents, the students are directly working with the attendings, better to be taught all the time from an attend8ng rather than a resident all the time or most of the time
Cool thanks!

While I agree that clinical happens more quickly, I would actually argue the Rutgers match list is FAR better.