Gen Chem Re-Take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohohitsmagic08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am going to be a sophomore at the University of Michigan this fall. I REALLY slacked my freshman year. I was arrogant and hardly attended class, ending up with a GPA of 2.8 in engineering. Around the second half of second semester, I realized what I was doing and decided to shape up, pulling my GPA up to 3.2. (I hope to make it a 3.5 by the end of this year)

Anyway, I already took gen chem year1, but I did not really take the time to learn the material. I ended up with a B- off of cramming (literally, I was learning new material 5 minutes before the exam). I do not feel confident over the material, and was wondering if you recommend I retake the class, or I just study books and those lecture videos people recommend online? I am also considering taking a Kaplan course? Any recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

B- in General Chem I is not THAT bad. Do well in General Chem II and you will be fine.

Thanks, but i'm more concerned about my knowledge of the material for the DAT than my grade mark. Is it easy enough to basically learn all of gen chem from those online videos and say, kaplan blue book?