Gender poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Male/Female - Female/Male

• Male

Votes: 91 57.2%
  • Female

Votes: 68 42.8%

• Total voters

kmoogs

NEVERMIND I FOUND IT
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's obviously a disparity in gender distribution in most Pharmacy schools right now. Does the SDN population reflect that disparity?

(anonymous poll)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
(Some) girls tend to not spend that much time on the internet, so you'll probably see more males in your poll.

You're already losing :laugh:

Your poll would not be valid if:

• It is not a good representation of the SDN population
  • If some users choose to lie and pick female when they're actually males
  • If some users pick the wrong gender by accident

I win :lol: But seriously, who cares? This is just a poll. :laugh:

(Some) girls tend to not spend that much time on the internet, so you'll probably see more males in your poll.

Your poll would not be valid if:

• It is not a good representation of the SDN population
  • If some users choose to lie and pick female when they're actually males
  • If some users pick the wrong gender by accident

I win :lol: But seriously, who cares? This is just a poll. :laugh:

my rebuttal: RAWR! :woot:

Members don't see this ad :)
Kmoogs - You definitely did not get a representative sample out of this experiment!

Please do not reject your null hypothesis. lol

Males probably post more than women, due to societal issues regarding women and computers for recreation. We shall see!
And because females can now access Facebook from cell phones.

I voted male six times.

That's how manly I am...
:laugh:

Further impeding their ability to operate motor vehicles.

I hate when guys say this because it's simply not true. Every time I drive I'm always cut off by some belligerent male or one not paying attention cause he was on his cell phone or some old guy or some crazy racer aspring young male. It pisses me the hell off that men constantly say this about women when in fact the opposite is true. Here's a statistic for you buddy:

"[SIZE=-1]Men are more than twice as likely to die in a car crash than women, consider the yearly statistics shown below. In fact, studies have shown as many as 73 percent of all people killed in car accidents are male.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]What accounts for this disparity?

Some researchers believe the explanation is to be found hormones related to aggessiveness, others put more emphasis on data such as the measurebly greater alcohol use among men while driving.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"
(source: car-accidents.com)

[/SIZE]
Everyone knows that women are safer drivers because they take their time and aren't so damn belligerent and feel entitled all of the damn time. So suck it!

I hate when guys say this because it's simply not true. Every time I drive I'm always cut off by some belligerent male or one not paying attention cause he was on his cell phone or some old guy or some crazy racer aspring young male. It pisses me the hell off that men constantly say this about women when in fact the opposite is true. Here's a statistic for you buddy:

"[SIZE=-1]Men are more than twice as likely to die in a car crash than women, consider the yearly statistics shown below. In fact, studies have shown as many as 73 percent of all people killed in car accidents are male.

[/SIZE]

Some researchers believe the explanation is to be found hormones related to aggessiveness, others put more emphasis on data such as the measurebly greater alcohol use among men while driving.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"

[/SIZE]
Everyone knows that women are safer drivers because they take their time and aren't so damn belligerent and feel entitled all of the damn time. So suck it!

Coming from an Asian family, I know from experience that my sisters cannot drive. Little sister hit our garage and my mom ran over my bike when I was a kid. I've been cut off my women applying makeup before. I've been cut off and rear ended by women on their cellphone. I've also been cut off my old people and guys too. But the majority of my bad interactions come from women drivers. So for me it's mainly a stereotype from experience. I forgot to mention that I have never seen a woman parallel park in a safe and timely manner.

Well, yeah, no offense, but yall are asian :p Just kidding, I mean it probably comes down to personality more than anything but it's just kinda dumb to have this stupid stereotype about women when statistically even it's not true. Just shows men have a major inferiority complex :rolleyes:

And about parallel parking, they probably can't do it "timely" because they're being extra cautious. They don't want to hit their vehicle or another's...they're just being safer, doesn't mean they're bad drivers necessarily. I mean men are dying more in accidents so you do the math.

Last edited:

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"

[/SIZE]

Don't hate the messenger.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_fXkcG-Rwo[/YOUTUBE]

Well, yeah, no offense, but yall are asian :p Just kidding, I mean it probably comes down to personality more than anything but it's just kinda dumb to have this stupid stereotype about women when statistically even it's not true. Just shows men have a major inferiority complex :rolleyes:

Asians I know are good drivers. Maybe it's just Koreans who are usually safe.

I know Family Guy makes fun of Asian drivers, but I've never actually seen ones who were that bad.

Girls are usually good drivers (the ones who don't text while driving). My exgirlfriend made me very nervous when she would not put down her iPhone while driving. I started driving after that, and she always talked about how I was a good driver :laugh: I really was, and I still am. Even though I go faster than most people around here.

Don't hate the messenger.

[YOUTUBE]9_fXkcG-Rwo[/YOUTUBE]

Oh wow I can do that too

[youtube]tQAydTA_tfw[/youtube]

cept no one died or had a car burst into flames with the woman driver...what, her inability to park in a small space is an inconvenience, at least no one was injured or seriously caused a massive flame..anyway I mean obviously we can't compare personal incidents because that isn't statistically significant but the stereotype oughta die by now.

crazybob said:
Even though I go faster than most people around here.

lol yes I saw this, regardless the stereotype is lame :p

Dammit, I can't find the story...

A European group of researchers actually empirically studied male vs. female drivers in parking situations and it turned out that indeed, the female drivers sucked in comparison.

And the PI was a woman!

Still looking for it!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wT7zM8XgXQ[/YOUTUBE]

Just because men die in crashes more doesn't mean that the average woman is a better driver than the average man :)

I solved the parallel parking problem but not parallel parking anywhere.

To add to the driving stereotypes - In western NY, it is known that Canadians can't drive. Especially when there is a situation when they have to merge. (Sorry Canadians on this board but this comes from experience)

Although to be fair...I have only seen drivers from Ontario. Maybe the rest of Canada thinks they suck at driving too :laugh:

I solved the parallel parking problem but not parallel parking anywhere.

To add to the driving stereotypes - In western NY, it is known that Canadians can't drive. Especially when there is a situation when they have to merge. (Sorry Canadians on this board but this comes from experience)

Although to be fair...I have only seen drivers from Ontario. Maybe the rest of Canada thinks they suck at driving too :laugh:

:thumbdown: :laugh: I actually like Canadians.

My exgirlfriend was Canadian, and she made me nervous when she drove. She knew she did too :laugh:

My brother is Canadian also, and he usually drives safely. But, he's had one major accident and I've had none. He drives slower than I do, which is usually safer, but not always.

I'm surprised no one has brought up the Family guy clip yet

Where are we going with this poll again? :shifty: