General Cardiology Board recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kemo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

General Cardiology board exam is approaching soon.

Many previous test takers said it was a hard test, they left exam, not sure if they would pass or not. a lot of ambiguity in this test. However passing rate is high.

Can you share ideas and resources.

Members don't see this ad.

Mayo videos + EKGsource + Okeefe EKG 4th edition

The last 2 resources are very strongly recommended. The people who fail tend to fail on the imaging section because they don't understand how it is scored.

I'll echo the Mayo videos plus some sort of EKG review material +/- cath/angio review depending on your exposure and comfort level with cath imaging. I know of a couple people who stumbled when it came to the EKG portion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mayo videos + EKGsource + Okeefe EKG 4th edition

The last 2 resources are very strongly recommended. The people who fail tend to fail on the imaging section because they don't understand how it is scored.
Co-sign, that's exactly what I used.

Reactions: 1 user
Also O'keefe 4th edition because the first 3 editions overcode like mad and don't match up with how the boards code. The 4th does. You'll get the high points from the other editions though.

I see. How did you guys prepare for imaging portion of this exam. Coding for Echo/ Cath

I see. How did you guys prepare for imaging portion of this exam. Coding for Echo/ Cath

Did you take the echo boards or no?

If you’ve already taken echo boards then you probably just need to do a little review of whatever section you feel weak in. For me I Just reviewed my congenital and cardiac mass notes I took when studying for echo boards

No I did not take Echo Board.

Mayo videos, ACCSAP, Okeefe.
The test was not that hard. You can view the coding sheets before hand as they are on the abim website (this would be a good idea as you are not wasting your time looking for everything). Multiple choice portion is more of an endurance test. The cath/echo portion are really easy and straightforward. Where people tend to get hurt is on the EKG and just overthinking. Hope this helps.

Anyone know when ACCSAP 10 is going to be released? ... for echo boards did anyone take a live review course? worth it?

It is now available and is called "ACCSAP".

Hello!
Reactivating this thread since Gen Boards are coming soon! For those who did not take echo boards yet, any recommendations of sources to practice for the imaging portion? Is ECGSource enough? Thanks!

I haven't heard of pass machine - how is it? Anyone have specific experience using it?

Anyone have any idea how many EKGs, echos, and caths on Day 2 of the exam?