General Chemistry Content Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hemorrage

Ambrose
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good book for general chemistry review? I've been using the TPR book (http://www.amazon.com/General-Chemi...ywords=the+princeton+review+general+chemistry) and i find that its lacking in certain sections. For example, in the solutions section they ask you questions on Ksp but never even talk about it.. does anyone have any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

TBR TBR TBR. TPRH is actually not bad though, I used it to get "big picture" views when I felt lost in TBR and had low-confidence from TBR beatings.

if only they had a modern ordering system.. i would buy all of them right now. Is there anything else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did well with the Exam Krackers Chemistry, and I have a really crappy chemistry background.
But I did also hear a lot of good things about TBR although I haven't tried it.

i'm not opposed to it per say but just a bit skeptical on how long it will take to actually come.. can anyone comment on this?

i'm not opposed to it per say but just a bit skeptical on how long it will take to actually come.. can anyone comment on this?

It took me about three weeks to get them from the day that I mailed the order form

It took me about three weeks to get them from the day that I mailed the order form

Did you pay by credit ard or check? They turn orders around the same day when it's a credit card order, but checks are held for two weeks and money orders for a day or two.

If you want to speed the process up, you should call and let them know you're sending your order that day. If it's by credit card, there's a chance they'll accept a clear pdf order form via email, although they'll still have you mail a signed copy. They're big on the real signature idea. But even if they wait for the mail, your order will be boxed and ready to go as soon as the mail arrives. If you're lucky, they'll send it out the same day you call.

You can speed your order up by a couple days this way. For CBTs, it's a great way to expedite the process if you get the right person on the phone.