General Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ethanol2025

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I completed 1 semester at a private liberal arts school last fall, and I ended up taking this semester off because of some personal things and have decided to transfer to another school.
My first semester I got like a 3.1 GPA
Bio: A, FYS: A-, Gen Chem: C, Calc: B+, Music study: B

Now, this summer I am taking classes at a well known 4 year state school: Sociology, deviant behavior, general chemistry 2, and clinical psychology.

Will medschools look down on me taking general chemistry 2 during the summer? It is in person. I need to take it in order to be on track to take organic chemistry this year. Will the C in gen chem 1 screw me over too?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok to take classes during the summer but be aware some students find summer sections harder because of the shortened time frame. Is there any way you can find out what the prof is like and what other students at your institution think of the class before you register? Also whatever personal issue you were having, make sure it's resolved to satisfaction before you gamble with your GPA! Better to delay a semester then do damage control on a bad a GPA later on. Last, do you have a plan for scoring better than a C for Gen Chem II? Not to be harsh but Gen Chem II isn't easier then Gen Chem I in most cases and it is best to avoid another C if you can.

Aim for a 3.5+ GPA