Quantcast

General content question

BeMo Free Repeat™ On Us + MCAT 520 Challenge™
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arjusmc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning all,

I completed my third practice test yesterday(AAMC sample, TPR 1 and 2 previously) and I'm struggling in the C/P and B/B sections. My converted score yesterday was 124/128/125/126. I believe it to be content related because of my scores on those sections and the fact that it has been 4 years since gen chem and bio for me. I'm currently using TPR for both sections, as well as mixing in EK for cars and doing nearly 100% of my P/S studying with KA and some premade anki decks. Would mixing in KA videos to solidify my C/P and B/B most likely be enough or should I be looking at other books? I'm scheduled for the 01/18/19 test and have time. My schedule as it sits now has content review wrapping up in the beginning of December and doing a total of 7 more FL tests(3AAMC and 4NS) between now and then as well as the AAMC practice material.

Last edited:

SteyrFWB

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please use UWorld for content review. Take your time, go over all answers, highlight it. Do UWorld twice.

That would be a very solid content review.

Reactions: 1 user

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Personally, I thought the Kaplan book for Biology/Biochem was pretty decent if you need more content review, otherwise its just practice once you have a good handle on things. I've never used UWorld so I can't really speak on that source.

PlsLetMeIn21

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
would you recommend UWorld as well or another source?

For sciences, nothing beats TBR. Do all of their homework phases and then AAMC materials and you'll rock it. For P/S, KA and the 300-page doc are essential. I liked the P/S from TPR too. For CARS, start reading at 3 years old and keep doing it.