General Ecology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zanaida10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would general ecology count for my BCMP Gpa for medical school? It's being offered through Zoology department. What about Evolution?

THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

Seriously? BCPM. The B stands for biology, fyi.

Members don't see this ad :)
clearly disrespectin' ecology.

At my undergrad, general ecology is designated general biology III. Well, it is ecology and evolution more specifically as the dominant subjects of that course. So yea, it counts for the bcpm

Ecology isn't an easy subject.

Yeah. Both ecology and evolution involved a lot more math than I had anticipated. Ugh.

In ecology lab, we had to take field trips, usually to the desert to count cacti or bugs, every week and write up a lab report about it.

I guess it was interesting, but if they weren't required courses, I would've found something more fun to replace both ecology and evolutionary bio. (I probably shouldn't've majored in General Biology at my school -- Molecular and Cellular Bio would've been so much more interesting to me.)

I was a bio major with a focus on evolutionary biology. Classes in ecology and evolution were at times more difficult than my classes in molecular bio, cell bio , and biochem.