zanaida10

10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Would general ecology count for my BCMP Gpa for medical school? It's being offered through Zoology department. What about Evolution?

THANKS!

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yes, Yes, Yes. All biology related fields.

bioteach

MSIV
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Seriously? BCPM. The B stands for biology, fyi.

About the Ads

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2007
Status
Medical Student
At my undergrad, general ecology is designated general biology III. Well, it is ecology and evolution more specifically as the dominant subjects of that course. So yea, it counts for the bcpm

eikenhein

Supreme Commander Anesthesiologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Ecology isn't an easy subject.

Ashers

Bacteria? Don't exist.
10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
Land of Entrapment
Status
Attending Physician
Ecology isn't an easy subject.
Yeah. Both ecology and evolution involved a lot more math than I had anticipated. Ugh.

In ecology lab, we had to take field trips, usually to the desert to count cacti or bugs, every week and write up a lab report about it.

I guess it was interesting, but if they weren't required courses, I would've found something more fun to replace both ecology and evolutionary bio. (I probably shouldn't've majored in General Biology at my school -- Molecular and Cellular Bio would've been so much more interesting to me.)

-Goose-

10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I was a bio major with a focus on evolutionary biology. Classes in ecology and evolution were at times more difficult than my classes in molecular bio, cell bio , and biochem.

About the Ads