-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
General MHA Acceptance/Rejection 2012-2013
Started by Katertot
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone interviewed at Ohio State - mine is on Friday and I didn't know if someone had already went through this already? Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I've heard back from everywhere I applied to and I'm about 95% sure I'm going to Cornell!
Best wishes to everyone in their search.
Hey! Congrats on Cornell and hearing back from everywhere you've applied!
I just found out I was waitlisted for Cornell's MBA program - I applied to the MBA/MHA. As i'm just now submitting my MHA app for Cornell, and their website is pretty horrible, maybe you can share some insight on your app process...
1) Did you have an interview?
2) Any idea of how many students are in their program?
3) Did you tour campus or speak with any faculty?
Thanks for the reply. I had the interview recently and was accepted. I did dress professionally, so I guess that helped, as you stated! I am going to be attending in August, are you accepting your offer from MUSC?
I'm actually turning it down. I got accepted at St. Louis University and am waiting for an interview at the University of Minnesota. Good luck in August though! Charleston is an awesome city!
Congrats! Glad to hear it.I got accepted this morning at Minnesota's MHA!!!!!
Winterfell86 thanks for your encouraging words, I guess they did like me 🙂.
I interview on 3/4. Hopefully there is still room for me... 😉
I just received my formal admit letter from MN. Does anyone know, would this typically be the one that indicates if there's a scholarship or GA position offered, or does that come later? My letter doesn't mention either of these and I'm hoping I am still in the running for either one.
They typically send the scholarship/GA info with the admit letter...
Applied:
Minnesota
Michigan
Ohio State
Trinity
Virginia Commonwealth
Accepted:
All
Heading to Ohio State this fall! Very excited.
Minnesota
Michigan
Ohio State
Trinity
Virginia Commonwealth
Accepted:
All
Heading to Ohio State this fall! Very excited.
Applied:
Minnesota
Michigan
Ohio State
Trinity
Virginia Commonwealth
Accepted:
All
Heading to Ohio State this fall! Very excited.
If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose Ohio State over the others? Just curious.
Hi all,
Since I know some of you are fellow Hopkins applicants I figured i'd share, I interviewed with Ann-Michele Gundlach today and she mentioned that they had 160 applicants this year, which is an enormous increase. She mentioned they're still in the preliminary decision making process because they want to be sure they have the "right" cohort. So there's probably still some more interview invites coming. But it looks like the acceptance rate is probably going ot be much lower than in previous years. I'm wondering if this trend is common among all MHA programs... Best of luck all!
Since I know some of you are fellow Hopkins applicants I figured i'd share, I interviewed with Ann-Michele Gundlach today and she mentioned that they had 160 applicants this year, which is an enormous increase. She mentioned they're still in the preliminary decision making process because they want to be sure they have the "right" cohort. So there's probably still some more interview invites coming. But it looks like the acceptance rate is probably going ot be much lower than in previous years. I'm wondering if this trend is common among all MHA programs... Best of luck all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard from University of Washington yet by any chance?
Has anyone heard from University of Washington yet by any chance?
I received an e-mail this morning saying that I have been offered admission to the UW MHA program. It's a preliminary notification and I should be receiving my formal letter of admission within a few days. If you have not heard from them yet, you will probably hear from them soon. Good luck!
Gotcha thanks, Katertot. Wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. Congratulations on VCU. Some of these schools are SO late its hindering applicants from even making decisions. I recently got an interview at GWU and they set my interview day for very late April. For me, I may have made a decision by that time and I definitely will have heard from all my other schools!
Haha, I just responded to your post about UW... and then I saw this one. I received an acceptance letter from USC's MHA program on Friday. I applied for the Dean's Merit Scholarship, so I submitted my application early. That may be the reason I am hearing from them so soon. I know of one other person who has also heard from USC over the weekend and she also applied for the scholarship. I'm assuming that they are sending out acceptance letters to those who have applied for the scholarship first. If you applied for it, you should be hearing from them very soon. Good luck!
Has anyone heard from University of Washington yet by any chance?
I got a phone call yesterday from a faculty member telling me of my acceptance to University of Washington. It completely caught me off guard because I was expecting an email. I have a friend who got accepted a few weeks ago and received three automated emails and a notification of security breach to their system. Overall, my experience with U of W has been weird.
Last edited:
I received an e-mail this morning saying that I have been offered admission to the UW MHA program. It's a preliminary notification and I should be receiving my formal letter of admission within a few days. If you have not heard from them yet, you will probably hear from them soon. Good luck!
Thanks Jay, good to know! There website says you should know by early to mid March, so I am anxiously waiting.
I got a phone call yesterday from a faculty member telling me of my acceptance to University of Washington. It completely caught me off guard because I was expecting an email. I have a friend who got accepted a few weeks ago and received three automated emails and a notification of security breach to their system. Overall, my experience with U of W has been weird.
Got it, seems like their way of notifying applicants is all over the board.
Haha, I just responded to your post about UW... and then I saw this one. I received an acceptance letter from USC's MHA program on Friday. I applied for the Dean's Merit Scholarship, so I submitted my application early. That may be the reason I am hearing from them so soon. I know of one other person who has also heard from USC over the weekend and she also applied for the scholarship. I'm assuming that they are sending out acceptance letters to those who have applied for the scholarship first. If you applied for it, you should be hearing from them very soon. Good luck!
Congrats Jay! Can I ask if they ended up awarding you the Dean's Merit Scholarship? I also applied for it as I wanted to get my application in early.
If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose Ohio State over the others? Just curious.
I've heard from faculty at Minnesota that Ohio gives out really good scholarships. She said Michigan and Ohio are pretty much the only reason people decline admissions offers there.
Congrats Jay! Can I ask if they ended up awarding you the Dean's Merit Scholarship? I also applied for it as I wanted to get my application in early.
Thanks! Yes, I was awarded the scholarship! I'm super pumped since USC was my first choice.
The scholarship letter will come with your letter of admission in the mail. I don't think USC sends out acceptances via e-mail. Do you live in California by any chance?
Thanks! Yes, I was awarded the scholarship! I'm super pumped since USC was my first choice.![]()
The scholarship letter will come with your letter of admission in the mail. I don't think USC sends out acceptances via e-mail. Do you live in California by any chance?
Good to know, thanks! And yes I do live in California. I've been checking the online USC Graduate App for updates, but it sounds like they send a paper letter, so snail mail it is! I hope they get back to me soon as other programs' intent to register days are coming up.
I should have joined this forum sooner. 
So far, I have gotten into Cornell's MHA and USC's MHA.
Here is the FB group of USC MHA 2013-2015 if anyone is interested. 🙂

So far, I have gotten into Cornell's MHA and USC's MHA.
Here is the FB group of USC MHA 2013-2015 if anyone is interested. 🙂
Good to know, thanks! And yes I do live in California. I've been checking the online USC Graduate App for updates, but it sounds like they send a paper letter, so snail mail it is! I hope they get back to me soon as other programs' intent to register days are coming up.
The post office is probably being slow. I hope you hear from them soon. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a hefty merit scholarship from GW... man, this making my decision more and more difficult!
Congratulations!!
Does that mean that they're still in the process of asking for interviews?
Thank you!! I did not apply separately, I think they had a priority deadline for scholarships on Dec 1st. Anyway, I had sent my application in late October, interviewed in December and was told that I was being considered for merit. I'm unsure of whether or not their still interviewing- but I think someone else mentioned being asked for an interview in April, so maybe they're at the tail end of their process?
Last edited:
Just got my USC MHA acceptance packet in the mail yesterday!! was my first choice cant wait!
Wow, congrats!!
Just got my USC MHA acceptance packet in the mail yesterday!! was my first choice cant wait!
Congratulations! USC is also my first choice. Hope to see you there in the fall!
Just got into USC and Ohio State. Still holding out hope for some funding, but not looking good. 🙄
Has anyone interviewed at Rush? I have an interview in April and was curious to see what others had experienced.
Applied
Rush- interview-April
Georgetown-interview-March
Trinity-interview-March
Accepted
Ohio State
George Washington University
A&M
I interviewed there in early Feb. Everyone was really nice and the whole experience was overall a positive one. You're interviewed separately by three faculty members, do a writing assignment, and then go out to lunch with a student. I was there with two other interviewees. It wasn't nerve racking at all in my experience.
I got a phone call yesterday from a faculty member telling me of my acceptance to University of Washington. It completely caught me off guard because I was expecting an email. I have a friend who got accepted a few weeks ago and received three automated emails and a notification of security breach to their system. Overall, my experience with U of W has been weird.
Thanks for that info. My friend called the UW MHA office a few minutes ago and they told her that they will release decisions for everyone by the end of this week.
Been lurking for a bit so I thought I would post.
UGPA: 3.6 at Big 10 public school
Majors: Sociology, Spanish
GRE (including date taken): 8/17/2012 -- Verbal 156, Quant 151, Writing 4.5
Experience/Research: 6 months at a private laboratory service company, 2 years full-time in a student health insurance office, graduate public health coursework
Applied: U of MN (MHA), Columbia (MPH-HPM), UCLA (MPH-HPM), George Washington (MHSA), SOPHAS submitted 11/18 and mailed on 12/19
Johns Hopkins (MHA, application submitted 11/16),
Rush University (MS HSM, application submitted to HAMPCAS 11/16)
Accepted: Rush (Interview 1/11, Offer 1/29), UCLA (2/14), (Columbia 2/25), U of MN (3/6)
Rejected:
Waiting: JHU (interview 3/14), GWU (Interviewed 2/15)
I'm still hopeful for a scholarship offer. It's nice to have options but it's making the decision really difficult! I'm leaning towards Rush, they were my top from the outset but the Minnesota acceptance has me torn.
UGPA: 3.6 at Big 10 public school
Majors: Sociology, Spanish
GRE (including date taken): 8/17/2012 -- Verbal 156, Quant 151, Writing 4.5
Experience/Research: 6 months at a private laboratory service company, 2 years full-time in a student health insurance office, graduate public health coursework
Applied: U of MN (MHA), Columbia (MPH-HPM), UCLA (MPH-HPM), George Washington (MHSA), SOPHAS submitted 11/18 and mailed on 12/19
Johns Hopkins (MHA, application submitted 11/16),
Rush University (MS HSM, application submitted to HAMPCAS 11/16)
Accepted: Rush (Interview 1/11, Offer 1/29), UCLA (2/14), (Columbia 2/25), U of MN (3/6)
Rejected:
Waiting: JHU (interview 3/14), GWU (Interviewed 2/15)
I'm still hopeful for a scholarship offer. It's nice to have options but it's making the decision really difficult! I'm leaning towards Rush, they were my top from the outset but the Minnesota acceptance has me torn.
Last edited:
Got a hefty merit scholarship from GW... man, this making my decision more and more difficult!
Did the scholarship award for GWU come with the admissions offer?
Did the scholarship award for GWU come with the admissions offer?
Nope, I was admitted on December 21st and prior to that had been told in my interview that I'd be considered for a merit scholarship. They said they'd let me know if I was awarded it in early March.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just realized I replied to the wrong post. Embarrassing.Anyway, my post was in response to your post about USC and UW.
Did they happen to mention to you when the UW Admitted Student Day is for the MHA program? Just curious!
I'm still waiting on UW - do you know when all their decisions will be made??
They are making their decisions as we speak. I can tell you that only because I just got in about an hour ago (followed by a rejection from Cornell!). Hang in there, you should know tomorrow as the Admit Open House is scheduled for Jan 29th.
Anyway, my post was in response to your post about USC and UW.