General Physics 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetikarabbit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to take general physics 2, I was hoping to find it online, has anyone done this or know of a college that offers it this way. Hopefully with online lectures.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know of any- almost every school requires a lab component as well, which I'm assuming would be really hard to do online (especially since Physics II typically focuses on Electricity and Magnetism and the labs tend to use potentially dangerous set ups that require a TA or professor watching).

I don't know of any- almost every school requires a lab component as well, which I'm assuming would be really hard to do online (especially since Physics II typically focuses on Electricity and Magnetism and the labs tend to use potentially dangerous set ups that require a TA or professor watching).

And to expand on this, a lot of schools require physics lab courses, not just lecture courses. You'll probably want to take it in person.

If you're concerned with the strength of the program at your own university, you can check to see what your local community college(s) offers.

Members don't see this ad :)
LSU only requires 6 hours of physics, I took the first one via corespodence, the only C on my transcript. I know if I could watch lectures I can avoid another C. This is the only prerequisite I have left to take, I live far from the schools in my area and I work full time. Online would be the better option for me.

I have to agree with the others that I don't think that Physics 2 is generally offered online.. Did you check all universities and community colleges near you? I am also working full time, but I found a local community college that offers physics during the evening. Even if it's a bit of a commute, it might be worth it for you to have in-person instruction over online learning. Just a thought!

I took it online through Pima Community College in Arizona. I'm not gonna lie. It was tough. Also some of the schools wouldn't accept my lab credits because they weren't taken in a laboratory setting.

LSU only requires 6 hours of physics

Do they specify whether these are strictly lecture hours? Not all schools do 3 credit lectures + x credit labs; some have 3 credit lecture+lab courses, and LSU may want to see those.

If reviewing lectures helps, you can ask to make arrangements with a professor to record - either via audio or video - his lectures.

I'm not sure what schools offer it, but I do know that some schools do science courses 'online' and in lab. You do the majority of the coursework online, with set deadlines, then you travel to the school a few weekends and spend all weekend doing the labs, in a real lab. Saturday and Sundays, like 6 hours at a time.

Might want to look into that option. I know U of MN(Minneapolis) used to do this, not sure if they still do.

I need to take general physics 2, I was hoping to find it online, has anyone done this or know of a college that offers it this way. Hopefully with online lectures.
Thanks

I think that you're going to box yourself into a corner with regard to which schools will accept that as a pre-req. I'd reconsider, in order to keep your options open when it comes time to apply to vet school.

Do they specify whether these are strictly lecture hours? Not all schools do 3 credit lectures + x credit labs; some have 3 credit lecture+lab courses, and LSU may want to see those.

If reviewing lectures helps, you can ask to make arrangements with a professor to record - either via audio or video - his lectures.

LSU doesn't require a lab with physics. Although I'm sure a lab would be preferred in most cases for multiple reasons.