"General Principles of Health and Disease"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NAGNAM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend, a friend of ours, and I have all taken NBMEs in the past week (taking step 1 in two weeks) and all scored kind of meh in the "general principles of health and disease" category compared to other sections. What kind of things are tested here? Any high yield stuff we should know/sources we should browse through for it?

tia

Members don't see this ad.

DUDE..I KNOW! I had the same issue, never really figured out what it was.......I already took the test so I will be pretty interested to see if that was low on mine report YET AGAIN....I think some of what it includes is molec/cell and drug toxicites but I do not know for sure. Maybe the NBME bulletin has more about it. Anyway, just wanted to say great thread question/idea.

Good luck to all of you, I hope you find out more than I did, and before you take ur exam. :laugh: *unlike me.

First Aid, Chapter One. Its like they lay it out for you, all in a row, with a bow on top!

If you want to know more, read the news and go to medicineandlaw.com

But lets be honest, what you want to hear is "what do i have to know about medicare?!!!>!>!>!>!>111,<!<!,!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!" And thats in First Aid