general questiins regarding LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

angelsplight

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a few questions regarding the LORs. First question is, do I get to choose which lor I want to send in? Cause right now, to meet the december deadline for a single school, I need to submit a few lors from professors that I know will only give mediocre lors. But for the march deadline, ill have better lors from courses im currently taking this semester so I want to use the better ones on march rather than these mediocre ones. 2nd question is, do the schools see all your lors regardless?
 
I have a few questions regarding the LORs. First question is, do I get to choose which lor I want to send in? Cause right now, to meet the december deadline for a single school, I need to submit a few lors from professors that I know will only give mediocre lors. But for the march deadline, ill have better lors from courses im currently taking this semester so I want to use the better ones on march rather than these mediocre ones. 2nd question is, do the schools see all your lors regardless?

The schools will receive all letters of recommendation.

You can contact each school individually and tell them which letters to read. However, there is always the possibility that they will look at your other ones anyway.