• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

MrSunshine711

Mar 16, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey everyone,

I just have a question about puerto rican medical schools. I am american citizen (from texas) but I chose to study in canada due to family reasons.the university I attend is recognized by AMCAS, so I am just wondering if anyone knows if there will be an issue with PR med schools? because for a couple of them, their sites say USA or PR unis for undergrad, but they require AMCAS applications which are cool with Canadian universities. Some clarification would be awesome.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
You should email the schools (followup with phone call) stating your an american citizen (include your current residency), went to canadian school (include the accreditation for the school) to get an answer. It is likely it wont be an issue but only the schools can give you an answer

RedSox10

5+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
PR classes might be taught in Spanish and/or you WILL need to know Spanish for rotations, etc. Are you fluent in Spanish? Are you considering PR because you have low-er than average scores or because you actually have a tie there/want to go?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.